What IS next?

 There are many yard things to take care of. The to-do list is miles long. The challenge is to figure where to start. The new plan is to stay here and fight to have a guest house put on the property. Oh, my goodness short term memory is a problem, that is what started the whole "let's move" process. I have not completed anything today of major importance and now the well pump is not working. I have to climb down into the well house and figure out what is wrong.

yes, the charred remains

 it seems a bit iffy

stepping on this was scary

but this is where I must go

Water is back on. Not sure what the problem was, because I never made it down the ladder. Force of habit took me to the sink to wash my hands and the water worked. Weird, but true. In the meantime, DH returned with the children in tow, and I fixed dinner. Slight glitch when the rice cooker would not turn on, so I went to the neighbor's, AKA my daughter and son-in-law's RV and borrowed their rice cooker. Tonight's dinner was orange chicken with rice, sauteed cabbage and carrots. Tomorrow it's a lazy night spaghetti and meatballs. 

Now I will have to struggle to prevent myself from buying another rice cooker as the instant pot can cook rice just fine, they say. Personally, I thought it was a bit mushy, but I may have done something wrong. My struggle is that I really, really like small appliances. I prefer single use small appliances. However, my storage area is for multiuse small appliances.

We have hired help to clean things up around here and the help has only shown up three times. The problem with that is they have only worked two hours each time resulting in four fence posts being reset from being blown down in the last big storm.

I forgot how easy you can see the neighbors 

I remember another reason that I agreed to move. Being able to let the dogs run free without too much worry for the neighbors complaining. For now, I will have to figure out how to deal with the frequent escapes and their need to consume furniture, pillows and stuffed toys.

Last week I let the oldest grandson tear apart the recliner that had been chewed. It was a little struggle as I know I could have reupholstered it. But this house is too small on the first floor for it. I thought I had come up with a solution to the problem, but after working in the attic for a bit this morning and the chicken yard this evening and prepping the westside of the yard for a camper to house our hired help, I've changed my mind.

Spaghetti and meatballs were enjoyed tonight and also the chicken salad was finished off. It is now Wednesday night and tomorrow morning I have to clear a path for the electrician to get to the basement, the attic and the outside plugs that need attention. He is due here at 0830. Tomorrow could be very busy. I failed to take pictures of the progress my adult kids made on the west side of the property today. Tomorrow, I promise to get pictures and post them. We have a new helper coming and I hope it works out better than the one we have already. Time will tell.

the duck pond area

I worked a bit on the duck pond this evening. It is my job to dump all the pulled-up weeds from wherever into the pond. I must also pull all the weeds in the duck area and throw them into the pond also. The plan is for this area and the backend of the chicken house to become the front dog pen area. The pond is finally dry, and it will be covered with dirt. I am moving the pavers away from the edge of the pond and placing them into the "sort" pile on the west side of the property. The "sort" pile is for finding that thing you need to make something else work for the moment.

I do not have any pictures of that pile either. The dumpster is almost full already and there are still 11 days left till the next pick up. I am tired so I will close for now. Good night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow