And so begins week 2 of December

 It is Saturday morning and usually I would have baked biscuits and made gravy for the men's breakfast, but not this week. I am making breakfast sandwiches out of the last of the English muffins made earlier in the week. While at the Commissary this week I opted for a small, sliced ham instead of Canadian bacon. After all that is what the latter is, and I need more than the small package that is carried of the same.

English muffins

same before baking

Cosmic brownie copycats

Meal planning is not my strong suit. I am still working on using up what we have in our freezer. I am trying though, sometimes very trying. I am debating on making more English muffins for this next week or just using toast for the same. If there is time without causing undo stress for me, I will probably make the muffins. The plan was to only buy things that I needed to go with whatever I was making out of the freezer; it still rang up to 80+ dollars.

Three weeks or so ago I purchased a different bag of dog food because it had 6 pounds more of food and it was $15 less than what Walmart had our regular food listed for that week. The store that we were at also had our regular food for the same that we had been paying at Walmart. We purchased both. The plan was to introduce the new food slowly by mixing it with the old food increasing amounts until the switch was completed. The savings in food was countered by an increase in paper products for the dogs because at the 50/50 point the dogs could not make it through the night without having bowel movements. We went right back to the original foods when the puppy pad stash was diminished. Puppy pads are about $18 for 100 pads; we were using 10-15 a day.

New recipes that I tried included copycat Cosmic Brownies. These were a hit with everyone except me and the youngest. Good for me as I do not need the extra weight that the treats would add. Not so good for the youngest as that means I still have to wing it for lunch snacks for her. I bought the real thing and Unicorn cakes and spent $5 for two days' worth of snacks. Just going to budget that right on in.

After being sick for three weeks of this month I am finally feeling better. Well at least until one of my big dogs attacked my small dog, not once or twice but three separate times. The hardest thing I have had to do in a long time was make a decision on the future of the big dogs. I will be taking a two-week hiatus from the phones, social media, and blogging. I know I have already had a break from blogging, but I am so distraught that I have seriously questioned my existence over this decision. I am going to seek help and I hope it helps. The overwhelm at all that is in front of me is more than I can deal with.

And to think that I had to make such hard decision by myself out of necessity is just too much. I was not cut out to be the strong one. I am not the strong one. I have no human that I can talk to about this and feel good about talking about it. So, I won't. I am going to close now and re-evaluate my situation. If I figure it out, I'll share... if not I won't.

Good night blog




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow