morning calm

The contents of this post are from early February. I was going to delete but thought more about it and decided to share. Sorry the pic's are sideways.



As I sit at the table and look across to the counter in the middle of the room some call an Island, i bask in the silence that is now. Soon the island will be cluttered with items needed to make lunches and chaos will fill the silence as the house gets moving and kids get ready for school.
There's only a few minutes until everyone else starts getting up. Today is hippotherapy for the youngest. The wind is howling right now so they may cancel it if it's too cold for the old horses they don't go out. It's too cold for this old horse!
For 3 days we've been able to go outside without coats or sweaters or jackets. Yesterday the storm clouds brewed like they were going to dump an ocean in the yard I ran outside and grabbed seven batts of insulation and took them to the basement to save them from the rain. By the time I got them organized down there and came back up the sky was as blue as could be and not a cloud could be seen.
I cannot help but feel that had I not moved them we would have had a downpour.
It has been a rough month for health issues not for myself but for friends and family. I am told my adult nephew struggles to receive a life vest which he needs and is being denied. My dad remains in the hospital and will probably go home with a life vest because of ventricular fibrillation/tachycardia. Life vest is only a temporary measure most times to determine whether or not an implantable defibrillator and pacemaker combination are needed.
A cousin died suddenly that was unexpected. The sad part is is he was full-time caregiver for his wife who has Parkinson's. Luckily they have a child who can move home and take care of her.
My friend's 11 year old child went to the hospital in diabetic ketoacidosis. He has been there one whole day. Now going into the second day hopefully they will get things under control and he will get to go home, on insulin of course, but at least home. The same mom just left children's hospital two months ago with a newborn that was struggling to survive. The same mom also lost her first son at age 11. The irony of it all was not lost on me. The stress she must feel I cannot fathom.
Tomorrow will be an exercise in juggling. DH will be going into the hospital for surgery on his back, the children will need to be at school for half a day, and there is no one to take care of SIL she will have to go with me to the hospital. That should be fun... NOT.
I sit here and wonder how I thought 6 months ago I would be moving. Perhaps this is just one way for me to figure out how I'm going to do it when it does happen, if it even happens.
It has been days since this post was started. Much has changed.
We are the days post-op, DH is cuckoo for Coco Puffs, it has been a ride! At least the view is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow