First week of summer vacation on the books

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think it is going okay so far. We have a few outings planned and at least one is to be bowling. I have purchased the trampoline park pass for the girls. Now whoever is in charge of them will have somewhere to take them. As I put the fourth load of laundry into the washer, I am reminded that I need to empty the closets of what doesn't fit.

On a lighter note, I have washed all the lunch kits and the containers that we use for those kits. They are packed away for the summer, and I hope to not have to pull them out for any "fun" times. On to the closets!! Packing away school clothes and remembering where I put them are two different things altogether. I will try to make a note of the location.

Oh boy, we are closing in on the end of the second week of summer vacation. There have been two trips to the trampoline park. Three sleepovers, two of those being that kids came here to sleepover.

It is now the fourth week of summer vacay in the books and so far only one trip to the ER! It must be a record! We have offered backed out and made up our minds to stay here until next spring. UGH! I am trying desperately not to regret it. In less than two weeks we leave for the great state of Texas. Just long enough to watch the next generation graduate from basic training for the Air Force.
the injured child

the offended leg

It is the Friday after the fall, and she is much better. However, none of her party things have arrived. We may be winging it for her birthday. The wind is ferocious today blowing out of the south. I thought I would get out and fiddle in the yard but not in this wind.
 
Whelp, cupcakes are baked, and it is time for lunch. The grandkids are here for Lily's birthday. It has been drama all day. If not the birthday kiddo, then SIL. She has been quite wobbly, so I have been really encouraging the use of her walker and with so many kids and dogs running about it is a matter of safety.
Things went quite well until they didn't. SIL took a hard fall while I was trying to make a quick run to get a load of laundry in. It was all I could do to get her back on her feet. Now her walker has a name. This way I am not just nagging about the use of her walker.

Are you ready for the name? I doubt it. She was not prepared for the name. To be sure I wasn't really prepared. It came to me as I was talking to her about the importance of her using the walker all. the. time.

Here it is a week after the promised day of disclosure. Waldo. Everyone including SIL, gets a tickle out of saying "where's Waldo". After several days of reminding her to use it I let it go to see if she would remember. It was about 50/50. When I asked her today about "Waldo" she said she wanted a divorce. 
Well, I guess that wraps up June and the first month of summer vacation for the kids.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blah blah blah

It's the last Monday!

morning calm