Pantry cleanout

 I started this task over the weekend and just today finally built up enough steam to get to the finish line. Although I am not at the actual finish line, I am close enough to claim credit. I am happy to state that only items in secure containers went back into the pantry.

I didn't take any before pictures

I still have way too much stuff in here

But part of using up what you have means finding it

And trust me before the cleanout I could not have found an elephant hiding in that space. After the main shelves and floor were cleaned and organized a bit, I looked at the stuff hanging on the hooks on the back of the door. I am embarrassed to say there was a grocery bag with a calendar in it from 2024, unopened along with the items from that trip which dare I say, were also untouched.

With that finding and the excitement of a calendar that is useless, but has pretty pictures, I was motivated to continue my task and finish this kitchen by noon tomorrow. As disappointed as I am that mice have joined the household, I am determined to conquer these pesky little creatures. I am also committed to this pantry challenged.

Well, here it is the next day, and noon came and went without the job being finished. This is because I needed several more containers to finish the job up. The containers have been secured, not the exact containers that I wanted but they will do. The heat from the day is finally waning and with it my energy. 

I forget sometimes that I have a neighbor that really desires to help others. She really does have a good heart. I brought home a rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight. I just didn't have the wherewithal to cook tonight and a $4.99 chicken from Costco, since I was getting buckets from there anyway, seemed like a good idea. I remembered bird seed for the outside birds and buckets from the feed store I needed at least two 5-gallon buckets to go with the 2-gallon ones from Costco. Plus, my amazon order was due to arrive today. Those items will complete the job in this room. 

I will try to post pictures tomorrow of the working pantry. At that point I hope to have all areas of the kitchen finished and picture ready :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel, Tornadoes and Tired days

week 3 for one and week 1 for the other

Only one week left of June