It's here! It's finally here!... It's October!!!!

Making lists seems to be the best way for me to get things done. Keeping track of the lists is a problem area. Years ago I had a "planner" the Army provided and required you to use. I did use it and began to lose my mental lists forever. Now if it doesn't get written down I might get it done eventually but it will be a while.

Looking back I wonder if using the planner helped or hurt. It doesn't really matter anymore I am just curious. We finished two of the major things we wanted done before October yesterday. One was getting the pool liner into the large pool. The other was getting a car that Gary had been fixing for the one of the granddaughters to her. It has been over a year in the repair process but it is finally done! She picked it up from our Leoti house last night! She turns 20 this year and is going to college and working so a car is pretty essential.

The kids all begged to be enrolled in the local school yesterday. Not because they had too much homeschool work, but because they saw the playground and other kiddos. I explained that they won't be able to play on it because of the virus going around, but that did not deter them. They still want to be enrolled this morning. So I have to really think about what is best for them. On one hand I know I can pull them out again if needed, on the other I am not sure it is the best thing.

I did call the school and check on how things are working with the virus and the class sizes are an average of 17 to a class. That is a positive. They are allowing rotations to the playground, another positive. It's only 4 days a week. It's close by. Still have to talk to my daughter as her daughter is one of the three. If they go to school outside the home then I may as well go to work. At least part-time. It wouldn't feel right just sitting here. I know there is plenty to get done here.

Back to the accomplishments. The pool liner will be the last one we install. It was way too hard for just two people and we called the grandkids to help. They came and did a great job! Even the 8 month old did her part! She sat in the middle and held the liner down. the leaves on the trees in the yard are turning so it won't be long before there is real snow to deal with. (pictures to post later)
(this is a new house one mile due north of us, looks familiar)


Well in putting all these thoughts onto paper I have made up my mind. The children will not go to  the local school until after all the surgeries are completed. After all that was our main reason for them not going... germs! So far we have avoided the virus and the surgery unfortunately, but it will happen soon then we can see how he does.

Maybe a planner is a good idea...

Time to get busy with those books!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow