Another trip to "you know where" is needed

 Today I put up the blinds that I purchased from IKEA. They were just simple, not paper, but not the fancy kind that I want blinds. They are a woven material and not meant to last very long. All I needed was something to block the afternoon sun coming through the sliding glass door wall and the window above it. These did the trick for now. It cooled it off on the west side of the house so well that I am going to go get a couple more for the rest of the west side of the house windows. The slider has the vertical blinds, but they fall constantly and break. There are currently 8 slats missing I do not intend to replace them.

They aren't too bad, they block the hot sun

Eventually, I will find a set of curtains or blinds that I like and go with that, for now these are good enough. Again, DH discussed moving from this little bit of heaven town. (No charge for the sarcasm) Sometimes it just rolls out of my mouth and onto the keyboard. To start with we have a ton of outside work to do. He did mention he was going to load a trailer with metal and take it to the recycle place. That would be a huge help on the yardwork. It will take several loads and at least a month to get it down to just old cars in the yard. Not to mention old boats. Then there are several sheds that need major repair and a bus that needs a purpose.

The list goes on for a very long time. So, moving, if it ever happens, will be years in the future. Now, selling the other house may happen. Even that I am not sure of, I like knowing it is there if needed. Yep, I'm a hoarder. Next on my personal list is to continue to vacuum seal the bean collection. Of course, the everyday stuff is always there and never more obvious than when you chose to not do the routine things.

Tomorrow is trash day and yes, they are picking up on the holiday. The dumpster is full, and I have plenty to add as soon as they empty it. My granddaughter and I had a challenge to see who uses more paper and plastic, so we saved what our respective families used and compared. I lost on the paper side using twice as much for the same number of people. The plastic was about a tie. Now our goal is to reduce the plastic use. The paper is at least returned to nature more easily.

We are also participating in a new pantry challenge! Mid-summer dream challenge to be precise!! I realize it is past the mid-summer mark, but the challenge still stands. The goal is to use up older items and make room for freshly canned foods. Also, the butchering season is upon us, so those freezers need to be cleared out and gobbled up! Hint* turkey and ham will be going on sale soon. Along with the pantry challenge comes meal planning ideas. Fall flavors will be begging for attention from the taste buds. Now, I love a good pumpkin pie, but don't throw that spice stuff in a milkshake, or latte, or anything else for that matter!

In fact, this gives me more motivation to stay out of the grocery store! I do not need pumpkin spice everything! The less I shop the less I'll see. I do want to go to an apple cider mill. However, living where we do it isn't a likely option. The last time I went to the grocery store or commissary, either one, I could not find any red delicious apples at all. All this talk of fruit is really making me want fruit trees again. We have planted 9 since the rebuild with no luck. Just so dry here they cannot make it.

With all that said I shall close this and plan my next week of meals or maybe hustle the 10-year-old back into bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow