Labor Day Weekend

 The holiday is quickly rushing up on us. Originally, I had thought it would be nice to go somewhere, then I remembered we have too many furry and feathered friends to go without an animal sitter. Critters were supposed to go to the auction today. I had too many errands to catch them and load them up for DH to take. It will be two weeks before I have the opportunity to downsize again.

Our neighbor called and asked if her half-sister could rent our camper to live in. I explained that it doesn't have heat for the wintertime. I referred her to my former workplace. They have nice apartments, and she would also have access to a lot of amenities that might benefit her. She should at least look into something like that where there are caregivers available for assistance.


It is the middle of the holiday weekend, and I am reorganizing the pantry and cleaning out the refrigerator so I can call for repairs next week. We ended up staying home and I took my first trip to an IKEA store. That was different! I bought SIL a dresser to replace her file cabinet as she got something caught behind the drawer and couldn't close it and she also lost the key to the top drawer that is where her wallet should be. Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of the assembly process on the little chest of drawers. I found lots of other interesting things there.

The escalator for the cart

Look ma no hands 

I think my kiddo drew that...

Nice but would never get used 

I visited every one of these they had

I could not find my phone to capture the fun. The store itself was an adventure. Originally, I had planned to take SIL with me to that, I am glad that I did not. That place is huge! And finding the products was even more adventurous. Once assembled the dresser or chest if you will, was quite cute. As I was struggling with the instructions that contained no words, only pictures, I said to myself, this is the first and the last IKEA product I will assemble. DH offered to help and that was another adventure! At one point he attempted to move a part of it and dropped it causing the particle board to break a little. Luckily it was in a spot that won't be noticed.

When I visit tomorrow, I will take a picture of the completed project and post it. Once it was done, we loaded it into the van, and I waived good to an interesting Saturday morning project. Left semi-alone with the clutter that had accumulated over the last week, I decided to start with tackling the pantry. Every flat surface is covered at this point in time, and I will head to bed knowing what awaits me tomorrow.

Well, Good night blog world and everyone else too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow