Daydreaming....

 So far, the goals for the new year have been hit or miss. I focused on keeping the island clear as it makes the kitchen seem cleaner even when it isn't. Most nights I succeed, but some nights I am exhausted emotionally and physically. Or others notice a clean spot and feel the need to "fix" that. Yesterday was spent rearranging furniture to accommodate the dog crates and the weekend overall was busy with Maddie's party and Kim's nighttime fire event.

Sunday dinner was to be Chicken and Rice, Broccoli casserole with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Well, that was a total flop. No one wanted to eat it and the kids did NOT like the strawberry shortcake at all. SIL is still out of sorts. The party was Saturday, and it is Tuesday. Glad it wasn't a huge party that could have really been traumatic for her. Perhaps by next week she will be back to baseline for her. She is wandering about the house jumping at every noise, cough or sneeze that happens. To add to the chaos, the two kids were home from school yesterday and today my daughter took her kiddo to the doctor and is now quarantined pending results. Thanks kid, she called the school and the school called me to pick up my petri dish. 

I returned home from doing an audit this morning with a kiddo in tow. DH was less than thrilled. I wonder if he even gave a thought about today being my day off and that I am the one that is going to have my hands full? Probably not. It is okay though, one day I'll



get time to myself and I won't know what to do with it anyway! Yesterday, I found the children had put themselves into the dog crates and I failed to make them get out. I feel it enhanced my babysitting experience. The rest of the evening involved an audit and I arrived back home at 1830. Everyone was in bed. That's how DH babysits!

I finally got a Christmas package mailed out today! It was only $11.56 to mail it out! I paid a dollar for the gag gift that was in the package. The joke will be on me if they break it!

sweet biscuits for strawberry shortcake

Chicken, rice and broccoli casserole


Tonight, eggplant parmesan, they'll wish they had eaten the casserole! Back to my daydreaming...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow