Starting week 49!



 The old about not enough hours in a day is so real for me. Today is the party for Miss Maddie, it is also Men's Breakfast at the church. Of course, that leaves me to get all the parties here at this house ready and do the regular morning tasks. Surprised? Not me. It would be that way anyway. I just wouldn't have the clean-up from someone else cooking for a dozen other guys. Most times it is just biscuits and canned gravy mess that I am left with. Today he cooked 2 dozen eggs and there was only powdered gravy mix available to him. 

Why do some men choose a much too small pot, pan or bowl, for their creations? Wouldn't it seem smarter to err on the side of caution and go with too big? Or and what about reading directions? Or not cooking everything on high? I wish I had thought to take pictures of the piles that he made. The one thing I cannot figure out for the life of me is his obsession with leaving the eggshells on the counter, to drip their remnant contents everywhere. Never mind the pan with scorched milk on the bottom.  Directions, people, they are on the package to make your life easier.

I had the morning mess cleaned up before too long. Next time I will take pictures, perhaps of him in action. Maybe it will make more sense. The one thing I can say is, I didn't have to cook it for him. In the beginning of his adventures with the "guys", I would get up earlier than normal and get it cooked for him. So technically, I am doing less work than I was. Three times the dishes though. Oh well, life goes on.


Earlier this week I started writing down the things I do each day. I made it through the morning half of Monday. Things just have no real routine around here. Even the things that are done each day, have no real routine except meds. My first goal is going to be to try an establish a routine that is sustainable. In the meantime, the pet bird had been moved to a larger cage. When I went to the thrift store yesterday there was a larger birdcage along with the 3 dog crates, so I bought it too.

Today they will be crated while we go to the party. All four of them. I had to move the sewing machine from the living room but that's okay the more I look at the living room without it the better I am with it. I would enjoy a room dedicated to sewing and crafts but that is not to be in this house at this time. Perhaps after the next summer we will have time to make a dedicated room for that task. We tried the crate on for size. Two large dogs can fit into the largest crate without difficulty. We are good to go for today.


Well, the party is over, and the little ones had a good time. I took very few pictures, sadly, I end up entertaining SIL when she is able to make it to a function. We decided she would go to this party as it would be a very small get together and she would know most of the guests. We did not tell her we were going until 20 minutes before leaving as we needed her to basically follow commands and go to the car when told. Not spend 95 minutes trying to decide what to do next. It somewhat worked as she only decided that she needed to use the toilet and that took forever. She wanted to change clothes, but we wouldn't allow it.

We were only 15 minutes late and that is not bad for our group. SIL did okay no outbursts or words out of nowhere. But she did get stuck in the half bath for about 30 minutes. She couldn't get the door open she said. She could, because she kept peeking through the crack of it partially opened and if she made eye contact with any of the guests, she would shut it really quick! 

My daughters both sent text messages saying they thought she handled it pretty well! I agreed and expressed my concern that we might pay for it tonight. We did. At 1251 I heard the first knocks on a door, then I heard the soft beeps of the house phone being dialed... 3 beeps. She was dialing 911 again. The house was on fire, couldn't I see that? I told her it was not, and I helped her take off her coat and get back into bed. That lasted 2 minutes or so. I let the dogs out of their cages to go potty outside. Their argumentative barking prompted SIL to get out of bed quickly and run to see if the dogs were burning in the fire. If she could see the visions in my head, she would think the fire was merciful.

I put her back into bed one more time and left the dogs out of their crates and locked all the baby gates before trying to go back to sleep. Morning finally came, with it, pill time. Perhaps now there will be sleep for a bit. Afterall, I have a mountain to climb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow