New Ventures....

It has been a terribly long time since there has been a post that made any sense on this site... and don’t worry nothing will change any time soon. This writer however, is expanding not just the waistline but also my technological horizons! It is a bit frustrating at my age to be so technologically challenged. This is the year to address that so I am enrolled in two different yet similar classes to enhance my knowledge.. (I sound kinda professional, don’t ya think? :)

So slowly I am working through the assignments in this new course and at the bottom of one page is an “Action Step”. In this one it states “take out a post-it note and write ‘My website will ALWAYS be a work in progress!’...” What?!?! No where in the outline or even in the supply list did it say anything about buying post-it notes!!!! I live in lower BFE and no one sells post-it notes and much less it is 25 miles to the nearest store!  Where am I supposed to get post-it notes at this time of night?!?!?!

On that same page it says that I can start prospecting for clients right away! Really? I can’t even find a post-it note! Failure not even 8 days into the course :( It is okay I will adapt and overcome. I have dry erase markers... I will write on the screen and wipe it off later. I soooo got this!!

Now to get back to my course and to my Helen Reddy music. I am using just the tune to keep myself motivated...changing the words a bit.. okay almost totally but it is working! In fact. It is working so well that I actually folded 2 baskets of laundry as soon as I arrived home from the day job. Perhaps I’ll post my version of the words at a later date.

What, you ask started this new venture? I work in a crazy place... it can be fun but it is terribly stressful at times. I have threatened to quit, actually quit, told him to post my position, given my notice and walked out the door. Yet I still work there. My supervisor is good natured and very young, too young to abandon to the wolves so I stay. Just today I told him to go deal with that crazy man up there, tell him I quit, fire me, I don’t care just get rid of him. He looked at me and asked Are you quitting? I said if you don’t get rid of him I have too. And by the way I applied at the agency today they will be calling for a reference. (It was for a teaching position, that I don’t want, but you have to keep them on their toes) I have enough high school drama at my current job.

I cannot just up and leave these people, my staff, the residents, my co-workers and I have bills to pay. So diversion is the new goal! If I can do something that is totally different and get paid and maybe get my goals covered I might maintain my sanity. It may be too late but I must try.... so tomorrow I’ll buy post-it notes.

I’ll see you on my new website!!! After of course I get those post-it notes.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow