Where did the time go?

Well Good Morning to everyone!!! I have the day off and of course all my big plans to get up early and get an ever growing list of things do underway did not occur... so sad. Last night was a late night at the "rest" home as nobody seemed to want to rest! Of course being the end of the month there are plenty of new orders to transfer to next month's MAR (nedication administration record). You see we are not as "hi-tech" as some places, we still use pen and paper...I love it!

I did manage to keep my eye appointment in town. It was just a follow up as I went back to contact lenses hoping that my nystagmus would settle down a little. That seems to have occured but I still can't read anything with the contacts and have to use reading glasses. The provider seemed to think a different lenses might be better but so far... nope. So I asked if maybe just using the reading glasses was an option and maybe what strength to buy. I think this might do it. Although I feel a headache coming on.

Getting older is not for sissies! And neither are a whole host of other things but today I am dealing with this... so join me. After the eye appointment I drug my dear husband to the dollar store... I think it was his first time with me anyway. He found out quickly why you cannot go in and spend just a few dollars. We came out with sunglasses, eyeglass cases ( to protect my new investment), razors, just to name a few things and spent a cool almost $20. Then we went to Target for a gallon of milk, mind you, and spent $23.23. Time to go home.

Once we crossed through the horse gate into our yard it hit me that some of the things on my list had to be done today. Watering the llamas, the garden, the greenhouse and fencing in some areas that needed guarding against llama teeth... my apple tree for one and the cherry tree. For some reason the animals are a bit pickier than the goats (they eat everything) but the llamas have just started going after my fruit bushes. Last month they cleaned out the onion bed and shaved down the garlic patch to nothing! But left the blueberry, raspberry and blackberry shrubs alone. Just not for long... once they went after those I guess the apple and cherry trees were dessert. So needless to say the peach trees are probably in danger!

Someone should warn those animals that I am going through a strange phase of life and they may be a risk!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow