Fall or August? in the Big Yellow House



A week in review is this week's post... scary! I have blown everything this week... meal planning-fast food 5 days out of 7, laundry three loads done in two weeks, grocery shopping reaped more junk than food and the chickens, school lessons have been stagnant and greenhouse have been just about abandoned! All of this because I have worked for ten days straight. During this time another nurse approached about teaching classes and yet another invited me to tour her facility and see the color of the grass there, so to speak.

All of it is very tempting indeed. If I weren't so exhausted I might have jumped on at least one of the offers if not both! Each day is new and today is no different.  So I must take the sunrise by the rays and use my time more wisely. Part of that requires that I arise before the family and spend some time with in prayer with my Savior. Unfortunately that didn't happen this morning as the kids were up just in time to hang the sun and wake this tired  'ol mama up.

The mini monsters have been bugging to do some of the experiment kits that we purchased at the Dollar Tree so we did the "instant snow" one this morning.  Our theme for science this week was going to be spiders.  We have been doing more of an "unschooling" and "Charlotte Mason" approach this summer.  Mainly because if our lives got any more hectic we would have to jump off the planet just to get a small amount of peace and quiet.

We even discussed putting the little ones into public school this year and I struggled deeply with that.  But we turned around and our district had already started so that idea is done.  I don't want to start them unless it is the start of the year.  Luckily on my way home from work once this week I heard that one district is offering a free enrichment program.  I must enroll them this week. I think they might enjoy it.. as long as it does not interfere with Awana's and friends clubs.  

We have started with a new church this past week and little bit actually went into the class with kids her age. Score one for socializing!

While the kids have enjoyed 4 trips to McDonald's and 1 to Burger King my body is screaming for some vegetables.  We have had so much rain this Summer that I regret not just throwing some seeds out to the wind to see what can be reaped.  But 2017 came in with some fury and has not relented so things did not get done when they should have. 

I will hit the farmers markets and see if there will be enough good produce to can. But for now it is time to get the kids ready and go to worship service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow