Life in the big yellow house... or craziness on steroids


Good Morning! It is a new week and there is no reason to not get started on the next adventure in life! Or at least this week's adventure or perhaps it is just a to do list, but in reality it is whatever we choose it to be. So I choose adventure! Being today is Monday and dinner is already made and in the fridge I guess the first adventure is to lay hay/straw in the hen house and get that ready for hens to go back into it.  Major renovations will have to wait until next spring.  I also need to clear the green house this week of any trash and see about finishing the additional ten feet with something.

The biggest project this week is to clear the future laundry/furnace room and make the pantry presentable. This of course is in addition to regular cleaning.  Hopefully I will find treasures to list on eBay or craigslist.  It is nearly Christmas and I need to get any handmade gifts started or forget it otherwise they won't be finished in time. Do you see how easily sidetracked I am?

Today I tried having a short day at work.  I left my dear hubby home with a list of what medicines to take when.... not the best idea.  But I did take the kids to a babysitter :)

This morning a
fter returning the baby to her mother,  (I babysit for a QMap at my work) I got to work on some of the issues affecting the employees at work and I went to the morning meeting and then home. I have pretty much decided that to work at home I will have to have the five year old hanging on my left arm as I try to type.  Then I get started on a few things for the house and of course there are a dozen issues that come up at work... and now it is time to go pick up the baby!
Who could resist that little face?!?! Well we are back to the house and the little munchkin wants to be held so...that's it for today!

This Thursday and the baby went home without too much drama... the girls really want her to stay and "play".  That lasts about 10 minutes and she is back to sleep for her morning nap, lol. No matter I had to go to work for a whole day today.  My dear hubby is feeling better so instead of dragging all three little girls in the car and dropping them at two different places then rushing to work, I just made arrangements for one of my older daughters to come pick them up from dad before lunch.  That seemed to work pretty well.  It just turned into too long of a day for me eight hours stretched into almost ten. So it was fast food for dinner again tonight :(  He said he ended up sleeping the greater part of today.  That is really good because IMHO he does too much when he starts feeling really good and that's not good.  Now that I am home and the chickens and the kids and the hubby have been fed, the oldest of the youngest ones helped me take some yard trash to the dump trailer.  I think since it is 8 at night we shall relax and watch a video together and I shall try to crochet (remember that note about Christmas?).It will be here way too soon!

Last night did not reap any crocheting and no movie either :( turned out they were much more tired than they portrayed. Today I am the one who is tired. I only worked a mere 3 hours. But life and work can mingle and wear the daylights out of you! Tomorrow is another busy day 8 hours of work and then 4 hours of babysitting mingled with home life :) Well, see you tomorrow!

I have decided that I may try a weekly post to see if that frees up any time in my schedule to make posting a consistent thing.  Because I know you want to know all about life in the big yellow house! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow