Happy New Year!!

Well I have had an interesting weekend the mental health problems with my residents. It came to a boiling point Sunday. One of the younger ones, I say that because she is younger than I am, decided to confront me about how horrible I run things around here. The conversation was scattered at best and other resident names were drug into the mix by said resident until frankly I wasn’t sure where the  ranting had even started I left work emotionally exhausted and wondered, “why do I return?” None the less I was back at 0530 this morning waiting for the abuse to begin again.

It did,
like clockwork, let the good times roll.... and stubbornness hit me in the face as soon as the ranting resident woke up! I said good morning to the resident who was mad yesterday and asked what time she would like her meds and I would have them ready and she abruptly turned around and informed me that she is NOT speaking to me today. As she left the room she stated that she was only talking to Justin and Mark.  Justin who was sitting across the table from me said absolutely nothing.

Late that day I get a call that I have to take said resident back to the ER. The same ER that she left from AMA on Friday. As much as I really didn't want to go hunt this person down in freezing weather with wind chills in the negative digits, I knew it was the right thing to do ethically. So off I went and did what needed to be done. To my surprise she complied and returned to the ER, hesitantly, but she did go.

Five days later she is still gone, thankfully she went as the suspected diagnosis was really serious. On a lighter note all their testing was inconclusive, but for safety's sake she was given an order for skilled therapy. Success!

This post had other details but they were lost in an internet outage. Sad but true... pictures too

On that note HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow