Graduation!

It is that time of year... well it was that time of year. Announcements arrive in the mail almost daily of kids graduating highschool or college. The only competetion is all the wedding invites! Some of the cards even look like I might know the sender. After purchasing congratulation cards on three different shopping trips I decided to make the gift for one sender just a little different than slipping money into a card and being done.

I bought my nephew a photo album and started looking for pictures to put in for him. Then I got to thinking these pictures won't really mean anything to him as he has never met me in person. So it dawned on me he has never met George Washington either but he would probably recognize him! Off to the bank to purchase a few photos to put in the album. I thought perhaps fifty would be easy to get... oh let me clarify... fifty photos of George from fifty different years!

This task has proved to be impossible so we settled for as many different years as we can find. The search is not over yet but so far we have only located thirteen different years. Now I am not really procrastinating about sending the gift I really want to get as many different years as possible. Although since he sent the announcement well before the event it probably looks like procrastination since I just came up with the idea of doing this in the past month.

A quick google search revealed that the dollar bill has only been in print since 1963 so there are not fifty years to get. So I plan to double check that and get the search under way but I have to have a cutoff point and a back up plan if I cannot find all the years. I wonder if my sister will think it rude to send him the dollars to try and finish the search?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow