Disappointment on my dreams...wait a minute! Who gets enough sleep to dream?

In a past post I had declared a no spend month. That failed and almost miserably! So this month I am trying a no spend day. I figured one day at a time might be more successful. Today was not the day to start however, I had to buy a soda at work to save my sanity lol crazy right? It was just one of those days where I could not get ahead of the paperwork. In fact I clocked out long before I left. Finally I just shoved it all in a drawer labeled to be filed and went on my way. DH had called earlier in the day to say he needed money in his account and I needed to hit the bank before they closed.
 Also I have developed a fun habit of making crock pot yogurt and I needed a container of plain yogurt to use as a starter, plus on Monday I had scored some organic milk for one dollar a half gallon!!! I have been so ready to make a fresh batch of yogurt I could almost taste it!  I made a half gallon last Friday and I took it to work and they ate it up! So this girl needs to make some ASAP! There is just something about being able to make something, anything yourself that feels satisfying. For me it is almost liberating to know that I am not at the mercy of Wal-Mart to get yogurt for my family.  And to get organic milk and organic starter for less than half the cost of a regular quart container of stores brand, run of the mill, packed with additives yogurt is even better! Maybe my mom was right I probably would have been a hippie if only I had been born a bit sooner in life!

You can make it on the stove but I am not only lazy but easily distracted as well so the crock pot is a yogurt saver. Without it I would waste a lot of milk or serve some kind of burnt milk casserole... I am currently waiting for my heated milk to cool a bit to about

110 degrees before I mix in the starter and put the crock in a blanket in the oven.  Yes the oven, it will keep it draft free and allow it to ferment into the luscious treat that will be served tomorrow. This batch will be Greek style as I have come to like that the best lately.
Well the crock is in the oven and I am ready to crash and wait for the magic of time to work...
See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...