another update

 In an effort to rehome the chicks my granddaughter and I put the chicken wire to the rafters on the west side of the barn. We then started our task of framing the west half by our selves and hanging the solar lights inside the barn for a temporary solution to dim lighting. That was as far as we could get on Saturday.

On Sunday the youngest had a track meet so she and I went to that together and left all the sick family home. After our adventure to the birthday celebration both the oldest and I came down with cold symptoms. She was much worse than me by Sunday evening. I thought that staying home from the run would be a good rest for her. When we got home I pushed DH to finish the framing and then my sister and I hung the chicken wire and moved straw bales around.

She is in the green shirt closest to fence line.
Race day!

To say we were busy Sunday would be an understatement. After the finishing touches to the pen all the turkeys and ducks were moved to the west side of the barn. Then my little track star went on a "chicken hunt". She caught all but eight of the 43 little chickens and took them to their new home in the barn.
Turkeys are not amused.

She is though!

Chicks are not sure about this!

While the barn is not finished it can still house them safely and I can clean up the crazy mess they left behind!

All said and done Sunday was not busy enough so I took the oldest to the fast track at Fort Carson... still not very fast! We arrived home early Monday morning.

Still doesn't feel well. But school continues, even in bed.
Today the plan is to hang the door on the barn and start the outside fencing so that we can allow the birds to roam the yard a bit. Next month the duck pond!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow