Sleepy Sunday

Today I am working hard on the back bedroom, the youngest wants to move into that room. I am moving my sewing things up to her attic bedroom. It is not like I actually get to sew anyway. Maybe one day I will get a few minutes to whip up something. I will have a LOT more room up there. Once I get her room emptied then I will pull up the carpet and attempt to lay either linoleum or plank flooring. I also need to paint the walls. That will happen first and then the floor. I also plan to paint the floor with a coat of KILZ to hopefully discourage any scents that the dogs or cats that have been in that room have left behind.

I am not sure what encourages her to peel paint and/or coatings off of furniture or walls, but she does this and it is very annoying and destructive. Hopefully she will outgrow this... and soon! Well, progress came to a halt. I broke the head of my rainbow vacuum. Sadly, to get it looked at you have to take the whole thing into the repair shop not just the head. So, clearing out the back room is now at a standstill. I can still move the few things that are left in the room out of the room, but I cannot finish the floor without a vacuum cleaner.

On top of that bit of discouraging news, it is trash night and the freezers need to be emptied of, well, stuff that should not have been saved. :(  DH also broke his old razor and although he brought his new razor from the other house, he forgot the charger. He took the new razor apart because it quit working. I put it back together, but it is dead. So tomorrow I will buy him another razor. I convinced him that he does not have an electric cord for it, mostly buy showing him what we have does not fit both razors, just one. Not sure he really believes me, but it is the truth.

Good morning. Today I have to fold and put away all the laundry that was done yesterday while cleaning the back bedroom. I put it off because I was moving boxes and stopping to fold laundry, in my mind, would have broken my momentum beyond a restart ability. Then I will load the vacuum into the car and take it to the repair shop. Clearing the table will give the teen room to work on her schoolwork.

Table is cleared, breakfast is made, not all of the clothes are put away but they are hanging on the step railings for the older teen to carry up the stairs to her room. Now to break down more boxes and get them laid out in the dog pen. Weed control. We have nothing but sand. Hopefully the cardboard will breakdown slowly and allow the good dirt to facilitate grass growth once I lay enough cardboard down to support the new soil.

I must confess it is a week later to the day from the start of this post. It is hard to be believe how much has been accomplished in a week and how little at the same time. The back bedroom is finally cleared out, the vacuum heads were taken to the repair shop, a new razor has arrived in the mail (thanks Amazon!), I listed many things on Facebook marketplace and then removed them, The Wyoming branch made a surprise visit and picked up the Jumper that I bought off of Facebook Marketplace and took the old Audi convertible, totes are here for sorting and packing, I spent a day with the youngest son doing deliveries because of a nail in my tire, and my dishwasher decided to start working.

 I spent a great deal of time yesterday watching repair videos. I felt almost confident that I could fix the fan, so I turned the power back on at the breaker to get the code again, and the goofy thing lit up with a wash cycle. Instead of loading it and trying to run the cycle I pushed the start and low and behold it ran a full cycle, albeit empty and on the longest, hottest setting, it worked! This is one appliance that does vex me! None of the major appliances that came with this build have ever worked properly for more than 6 months. Neither the stove nor the refrigerator seems quite on spot for what I feel is correct.

Although I feel like little was accomplished, when I look back, I can see that more was done than I realized. I think the overwhelm of having the living room full of "stuff" is why I feel little was accomplished. With that said I am going to start a batch of soft sugar cookies for the Bar B Q this afternoon. I will close for now and try to update you sometime this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 3 for one and week 1 for the other

Travel, Tornadoes and Tired days

More adventures of the lazy and the demented