Afternoon folks! Today I was the first one home from town. It gave me time to make an amazing steak and potato dinner for my dear husband.  Usually he is already here and I walk into a chaos of tears from the young ones wanting to know if I brought them something from town. With the help of my microwave and my nu wave oven I had two rib eye steaks and two potatoes cooked within 5 minutes of his walking through the door. Granted the corn came from a can but it still hit the spot for a guy who spends the days working on our house or one of the adult children's home, or some one elses car.  He rarely complains but he hardly ever gets a home cooked dinner on my work days. 

Today I discovered that one of my retirement accounts needs to be rolled over or cashed out because the company where it was from sold us to a new company.  So this is a big decision to be made.  In the past I have just taken the money and pretty much blown it.  This time I would like to do something a little more productive towards my retirement.  It won't totally pay down my DPP with the military but it would make a sizable dent.  Or I can roll it over and hope it grows for a while.

After talking to the representative I am even more confused...retirement funds are not for the timid. I want to get rid of my debts but I am not sure I have the strategic where with all to not use my credit cards on a whim. I have things on a schedule right now to be paid off,  not quickly but faster than paying just the minimum.

What would you do faced with a retirement decision? Cash out? Sit tight? Take part and save some? Let me know in the comments and thanks for stopping by!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow