Redecorating gone bad, crazy schedules, Wooly bears and you brought home 80 pounds of what?

Welcome October and the season of Fall.  Today the girls were up at the crack of dawn.  Surprisingly, I am not as tired as I think I should be! It isn't even 0800 and the girls are out on the trampoline having a morning bounce session.  They have missed their trampoline over the last three weeks. It isn't that the trampoline has been moved or anything like that. It is a home improvement job that has kept the kids away from home and over at "auntie's" house where dad has taken on helping with a bathroom redecorating gone bad.

It started out as a project to change out the sink in my daughter's house and repaint the walls...maybe add a medicine cabinet.  Once they started they began to discover that underneath the tile on the floor under the current sink there were many hidden layers of tile, chipboard and mold.  The more they moved stuff the worse the situation became until the whole room was gutted and the cleaning began. Now they are in the rebuild stage and it is scary to think of  all the cosmetic stuff that was done to hide all the damage from leaks in the past.

So the adventure continues, Dad continues to put "aunties" bathroom back together and we continue to try and create some semblance of normalcy in our chaotic lives.  I am gone to work most days for 10 hours each day.  Currently I manage to get one day off a week and one day off a little early.  But it is extremely hard to home school this way...I know it can be done because others have done it. 





W
e are trying to have the older child help the younger one with school work.  She is such a good reader! But she dislikes writing!

The Fall season will bring new science adventures and lots of weather changes to study. I do love having them home when I am home. But my work is sometimes long and we get off track... Then it takes a bit to get back on course!
 Woolly Bear caterpillar in an Elm tree
 Same in the hands of the youngest...brave little 'pillar
 We learned that this little bug turns into a beautiful moth!


I have been buying most of our meats from this company called Zaycon Fresh.  The quality has been so good that I rarely but meat at the local stores anymore.  So far we have purchased the chicken breasts in 40lb cases. It is fresh, not frozen you can cut it up any way you choose.  This amount has been enough for my family for 6 months at a time and probably more but I shared what I purchased with others.  We also bought the ground beef. It came in 10# chubs that we also had to repackage and after sharing some with my adult kids we have ordered 80 more pounds.  It was that good! Here is a link if you want to try it.  https://zayconfresh.com/refer/zf735874  If you do I get a $5 credit and so do you!

I have also purchased the boneless pork chops and they were fantastic! I bought the chicken waffle bites too.  I personally liked them but my littles were less impressed. Our delivery this weekend coming up is going to include some bacon wrapped filet's!  I will keep you posted! By the way the bacon? IT WAS AWESOME! I purchased a case of that too and it is thick sliced and comes frozen in 3lb. packages. you get 12 in a case.  The taste is great. I haven't found any of their products that I don't like so far.

My coworkers think I am nuts I am sure! But overall per pound the meat is way less than even Walmart.  They run flash sales almost every month.  They offer 22% discounts regularly. They also sometimes need help unloading the trucks and if you volunteer they give you a $10 credit for your time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow