The plane! The plane....I mean the phone, the phone!!

For those who do not know me, I am forever "losing" things... not weight, things like car keys, paperwork, phones... what my phone? This evening I could take the mess in the girls' room no longer.  So I tossed the kids into the tub in hopes of washing away the "rare" spots that they had acquired while I was at work today.  I then pulled on my MOPP gear and headed into the depths of stuff in their room.  This is usually a Saturday event for me and then again on Wednesday evening and quick once over to clean their "table". However this Wednesday it did not get done.  For the past year I have been using my little Bissel bagless vacuum and it picks up pretty well.  But tonight was special! I have a new power head for my Rainbow system and I went to it with abandon!

It made me realize how much I missed using my Rainbow.  The gunk that was in that bowl was thick as mud when I finally realized I did indeed have to take the girls out of the tub. While I dried off my shriveled up, waterlogged little girls...I realized my cell phone was not in my pocket.  This is not good. I know I had it when I started in the room... but I had taken a large bag of trash and broken toys and who knows what all out before I started to vacuum.

Retracing my steps did not help... I knew I had to go to the car trunk to get the power head.. so check the trunk... no phone there. No phone in the car cabin, not the kitchen nor the closet where I had to retrieve the bowl for the vacuum from. Not in the storage room where the vacuum body had been.  I did the dishes before this but I knew I had sent out a few text messages and talked to my supervisor since then too.  It really did have to be somewhere.

I then proceeded to try and find one of the three house handsets so I could call my phone.  That took some time.. but I did locate one out on the porch, in the dark waiting to be found. All the while the youngest is following me mimicking the sound my phone makes when it rings...." hello moto" she even matched the funny voice the phone has.  This made it challenging at best to try and hear the phone say that noise. (Note to self change the ringtone) I could not hear the phone anywhere.  So as a last resort I went outside and listened... the trash bag was glowing at the bottom! And since I would not allow the little one out in the cold I could hear the little creepy phone voice say "hello moto"!!

Yay! I rescued my phone from the bottom of the trash bag and life is right again! I hate cell phones!! The little ones are in bed or under their beds as it would be when you are camping in your freshly tidied up room and I am going to jump in the shower and call it a day!! What a day! Good Night world..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow