Tired or exhausted or is it just more of that overwhelmed stuff...

 As I continue to catch up the blog, I almost don't want to remember all the details. It might sound silly, but it is almost more exhausting in retrospect than it was in real life! I am not looking forward to being back into debt. We are already in a bit of debt with the MH. It will be a while before it is repaired not due to money but to knowledge or knowledgeable people around us. The new home is pretty in pictures, and I am excited to get to see it in person, but I am terrified of having to pay for it in payments. Once our two homes are sold there is a good chance that it will be paid off. That is the goal anyway.

I also am a little nervous about the actual act of moving to an area that I am not familiar with. 10 years ago, I would not have been the least bit concerned. Must be age related this unnatural anxiety that I feel. Either way we will most likely be moved by November. Today DH meets with a friend of mine's husband to discuss the properties. He is a handyman and wanted to share ideas with him. If I understood them correctly, they are not interested in buying the smaller property anymore but have ideas for fixing it up to sell.

Back to the events in June...

As of the 15th DH was in Oklahoma to look at a couple of houses that we decided would work. The motivation to have him fly down was discussed and I went about the tasks of the day only to discover he bought a ticket to go and didn't know how to secure a rental car. Trying to be flexible and go with the flow, I got the rental car before he got to the front of the rental car line in Oklahoma City. The reason for the return trip was the fact that one house we had in the line-up was gone, under contract, no longer in the running and it was probably the most appropriate of all the choices.

He drove by one of the leftover choices and my sister made arrangements with an agent to see it on Saturday. That evening my sister asked what we didn't like about the house near her. So, I asked her to send the listing to me again, I quickly sent it to DH, who at that moment and for the previous 2.5 hours no one could reach. We did not know he intended to drive by the other houses before arriving at my sister's house. 

He should have been to her house at the latest 6pm, it was almost 9 before we heard from him. He called because he could not find his way at that point, but he was in the correct town. My BIL was at the store in that town so both my sister and DH called him trying to reach him so that he could let DH follow him into the woods. Turns out he left his phone at the house in the woods. My sister left the house to find DH and was successful.

Even though DH had made up his mind on the house with a pool he quickly ruled it out once he saw the pictures of this property. The next day he did not go to the house with the pool and even though I told him not to sign any contracts, he did. Then he flew home on Father's Day. Thus began the search for financing, since we had not sold any properties just yet. 

Soon it was my youngest child's birthday and no plans for a party had been made. The neighbor had asked if her gift could be a cake, of course that worked out perfectly! We gave her one of her gifts and resolved to have fun as a family. Party planning could wait until the next week. There were several appointments for AW and kids and my neighbor to attend to.

It was also the week of Orion's birthday, AW's little boy, so we went to his party on the Sunday after Father's Day.

Maddie and Orion

Aurora, Maddie and her Daddy and Orion

I forgot to turn on Spidey's eyes

his gift from us was a hit with the kids not so much the mom... she will get over it... maybe

That evening we made plans to go to the dreaded trampoline park for both kiddo's birthday celebrations. It was a huge success as at 10am the park was pretty vacant. The kids had a great time and 2 hours turned into 5.5 hours very quickly. This place has something called the sky rider. It is basically a track around the ceiling that the kids hang from while they are secured into a monkey harness and hooked up to a set of wheels and they dangle from the rope over everyone in the eating area of this place. There are three platforms that they can land on, stairs suspended from the ceiling, a balance beam and several other things to do while "up there". The birthday girl and her cousin both stayed on that attraction for more than two hours.


Maddie in the soft area 

she and Orion and Aurora hung out here

Both my neighbor and DW have been scheduling their appointments on the same day. We have had to cancel several for AW and for my kiddo to accommodate everyone. Most of the appointments are either at PSFB or Fort Carson for my kiddo and AW's family, but my neighbor goes all the way to the old Fitzsimmons Hospital outside of Denver. There is just no way to do same day appointments that far apart.

So on to the reason I shared that... Last year my daughter found some cute dishes, she shared where she found them, so I went a few days later and they were sold out. Later in the summer I found a bowl with the pattern. I really liked it, so the search was on! Eventually I found a total of 1 plate and 4 bowls. I pretty much resigned myself to not have any more of the set than that. Even on the www I could not find the pattern. I did find some that were supportive of the Bee preservation society, so I bought them. They are prettier but not the "fun" print. Plus, they were too pricey to replace if they break so only the bowls have been used regularly and the plates occasionally.

Then on my designated driver to Denver day I found the saucers or luncheon plates if you prefer to be fancy. It was then I decided to make this set a set of 6 instead of 4.

dinner plate and coffee mug

small plate

That is pretty much the basics of the month. We are in the financing process for the new house. The hardest thing I have had to do this month is tell my youngest son he has to move out of the house we are going to prep for sale. I never want to do that again. He has two months, and he can come to this house, but he feels it is too far from his job. In reality, if we don't move, I wouldn't be selling that house. That makes me feel selfish to need to sell it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...