October is here!!

 So begins another month and more delays. We lose our current pastor today for Durango. His replacement has been teaching here and there, as Joshua has much to do before the move. During those times with the new pastor DH has had a hard time processing his style of teaching. It is different, but still quite logical... I am guessing he is left-handed. I say this because DH cannot process what I say most of the time either. I won't be able to attend today as one kiddo came home sick from youth group last night and the other won't go if I don't go. I guess I can leave the two of them to their own devices for a bit...  Nope that is not a good option.

This morning we had sausage biscuits, sausage gravy and eggs for breakfast. Of course, the littlest had two jelly biscuits. Meat is poisonous. My goal was to have something ready for breakfast every day this week even if they won't eat it. They do not eat at school until after 12. While homeschooling we ate breakfast each day. This week we had cereal on Monday. Tuesday was pancakes, then oatmeal and Thursday and Friday... nothing. Of course, they only ate on pancake day. I offered to make those they both declined. It has just become a habit not to eat. Things could be worse they could need Starbucks every morning.

Well, here it is Friday morning already and there is little accomplished this week. I did get the dog chewed couch out of the house. Funny it took me and DH to move it in and we struggled, again the right versus left hand thing came into play, I am sure. To get the couch out of the house it took me. It was done in less than five minutes, all the way down the ramp to the disassembling area. Now to be fair, I have not started the destruction process. Today I hope to find someone to pick up the piano. I also I am not patting myself on the back, ok I am.

I took the trash to the dumpster

at least I thought I did

I was already running late but the trash did not want to leave just yet. I am sure the look on my face was priceless as I got out and reached for it only to find it not there. My granddaughter had just come out of her parents' tiny home as I was picking up the bag. She smiled but did not laugh... good girl.

There is a baby due this month and I need to finish my gift soon so that it can be delivered. The mommy said she did not save any of her stuff from the last one so there is need of everything. That is always nice but daunting. There is not room in their home for a lot of big baby holders or things like that. But with 4 other kids in the home and the 5 other half siblings that come round regularly there won't be much need for stuff like that.

Not sure other than blankets, of what I can make that would be useful. I crocheted a pink bunny diaper set years ago for the little one that one of the other QMAPs had she did not get to wear it as her mother did not favor pink for a girl. Plus, those things are more for a "one and done" type of occasion outfit and she was a Spring baby. Maybe I could pull off a pumpkin suit? Her grandmother on the mother's side does crochet also. Not sure about the dad's side. I did meet her at the gender reveal party. I did not make the baby shower if they had one.

this would be easy enough in orange

Maybe this too no pom pom though

orange?

but what instead of ears?

I'll think on it

If I think of anything or make it, then I will share a post of it. For now, there is work to do. And a chicken door to open so they can adjust to the cold weather.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow