A new sound..

 Today is getting warm already and it isn't even 9am. The nights are turning cooler and the geese have started heading south. I enjoy the coolness in the morning, but I know what it means, and since I scolded another blogger for using the "A" word so early in the season I will not use it here. At least not yet. I won't use the "F" word either, although the signs that summer is coming to an abrupt end are clear. 

This morning there is a new sound that is heard in the city quite often, yet not so often out here on the plains. A siren. Since I cannot see anything, I am not sure if it is police or ambulance or fire department. Still, it is weird to hear so early on a Saturday. This too, is a sign of the times. The area is growing quite rapidly. Families are giving up their pastureland. A few families are moving in and "homesteading", but their plots of land are much smaller 30-80 acres vs the hundreds or thousands of acres that have been traditional in the past. The city is expanding its boarders further and futher east.

The reach of the political left is encroaching on us. This is what led us to look elsewhere to move in the first place. Now we find that it is harder to be away from the grandkids and the benefits of city life than we thought it would be. My heart longs for them to join us, yet I know they are locked in where they are. Careers, extra-curricular for the kids, and convenience of the city, keep them anchored at the present, while I long for a simpler life. Maybe at some point one of the kids will decide they too, want to be further from the chaos.


In my mind I can see so many plans for this piece of land and also for the land in the other state. It is the politics of this state that drive me to move, but the grandkids and the convenience that begs me to stay a bit longer.

Oh well the days moves on without me if I do not close this and get going with the tasks at hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 3 for one and week 1 for the other

Travel, Tornadoes and Tired days

Only one week left of June