Good Morning!  This post does not have a title at this point but if it did it would probably have something to do with cleaning toilets :)  It has to be done... but do all five need to be done the same day?! Unfortunately for this week yes.  I have tried making schedules, doing 2 a day, one every other day.. nothing seems to work the same from one week to another.  Either work or kids throw a change at you that must be dealt with right then. And toilets must wait...


I also need to make at least two of these today before work.  One of the QMaps is celebrating her birthday and has dinner plans.  This will be her birthday gift.  It reminds me of two years ago when I made these for all the residents at my work.. one of the little ladies started crying.  When I asked why she said she was so hurt. She had never received a bag of dirt for Christmas before.  I started laughing and she cried harder... oh no crisis intervention needed!! So I put the "bag of dirt" into the microwave and heated it up and then placed around her neck.  Problem solved but now she calls me "hot mama". Oh well I'll get over it :)


So the need to go to work vanished as the QMap that needed off had the wrong Saturday in mind. It is next week that I will need to cover her.  No problem plenty to do around here!  I succeeded in getting the parakeets moved to the game room where instead of a pool table there are many, many plants.  The air hockey tables are shoved against the wall and the foosball table is still not upstairs so there is plenty of room for the birds.  About the foosball table it is also no longer in the dining room either although when there it at least  got used daily... and not just to dine around (with a board on top of course)
 People actually played the game! But time marches on and new friends are found kids move away from home...some move back...new kids move in...

OMGoodness a CNA just told the QMap that CNA's do not plunge toilets! Since when this is assisted living not the hospital!  And actually it is on their list of job duties like it or not... So the QMap took her by the hand and showed her where the plunger is kept and how to use it... I hope with a return demonstration but probably not because she is nicer than I am. (insert a growling mean face here) Actually I think it is time for an in-service as our state inspection will be here this month anyway.



Look it is a cute little quail on the hood of Clifford the big red car!!!  Oh well the cake is done.. time to make frosting!!!! Perhaps I will get a picture of the cake when it is done... It will never match the Yule log cake in beauty but it should taste pretty good with ice cream and we are already late with the birthday party for the daddy in this house lol...nothing new :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow