A door, a fence and asparagus in the yard

It has been a busy week overall and a few things have been checked off the list of "to do's". With lots of warm weather during the week we were able to get a few plants in pots and bags. 

Even with skies that look like this.

Today as the storm rolled in my sister came out of the camper to repot the house plants for me. Didn't happen as the sky began to darken and the thunder rolled we barely got the fence attached to the barn. 
It doesn't look like much yet but it will!
It took a good hour and a half to clear the large debris from the side of the barn. There was what was left of a trampoline from the fire. Too many pieces of lumber to mention and PVC pipes left from plumbing the basement in this new house and trash just so much trash! I sorted the items that were moved, by type and made piles by the garden fence on the north side. I'll post pictures tomorrow or the next time I have time to blog.

DH hung a door on the barn this week and my sister helped me hang the fence and zip tie things together today. Yes we used those zip ties. It is a temporary fence so hopefully DH will get cracken' on his fence design. The wind kicked up too much to get the chicken wire over top of the little yard. So maybe tomorrow or Monday we can get that going. Weather may put a damper on that part though.

Tomorrow is the youngest kiddo's last run with the Landshark's club and it is supposed to be cold and rainy. Oh yay... NOT. She and the older kiddo got haircuts yesterday. They are super excited to show them off at the race... too bad they will need snowsuits and hats with scarves. But that is how spring in Colorado goes some years. Don't tell my sister though, I blamed her wanting to play in the dirt for the rain and cold.



The first day she did it the rain came within an hour. This time as soon as she exited her abode the wind picked up and the clouds got even darker. Based on that scientific data... I blame her. She and I were walking the old garden area and I was trying to find where I had seen asparagus grass last Fall to show her. Sure enough we found one asparagus coming up through the soil! We broke it off and each took a bite. It was delicious! One of the joys of Spring, fresh food.

The rhubarb bed is greening up nicely too. I don't use much of my rhubarb but I love seeing it come up and turn green. It brightens the grey of winter and gives me hope against the dry, dusty landscape.

As I clean up some of the basement and put away things that are left from the holidays, I often find things that were meant for this year and I try to get them to the intended recipients. This year has been so busy that I have not been able to do that. So I may hold these leftovers till next year.

My list of things that must be done grows each day. I often wonder how people do it. When I go to bed I am spent! But there are people who garden, babysit, work and keep house and animals all running smoothly! They also have energy at the end of the day or so it seems.

This week my trash dumpster is getting delivered!! I am excited and I plan to have it completely full every Monday! For years DH has just taken our trash to the dump once our little trailer for trash was full. This method is way cheaper, but since he had two hips replaced this last year he is not quite ready to be doing all that work and I am not willing to do it!! So I justified ordering a dumpster. I think with all the stuff that is still left from the fire plus the normal trash that we produce each week it will be filled quite easily.

I have decided that it is also time to make sure that all old toys and things we are not using are gone. I will have to disassembled a couch or two before putting them into the dumpster but it will be well worth it. Never thought I would be so excited about trash LOL!

That's all for tonight. Time to batten down the hatches and prepare for a cold night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow