May is not bringing flowers!

May has been cold this year! Probably not unusual I just am home so I notice it more I think. My sister is here visiting and resting and working in the garden. She has taken the time to plant way more than I would have done at this time alone.

So much in fact that the potato plants have already come through the soil in each of the bags that were planted. The raspberry and blackberry plants are being stubborn. She also replanted almost all of the houseplants that were in need, desperate need! For years I have bragged about the Colorado sunshine and it now is trying (and succeeding) to prove me wrong. 

We have had gloomy, gray days most of her stay so far. With a dash of snow and rain to boot! I know I can still sow seeds in this weather but who wants too! It must be done if I want a garden. I appreciate her hard work more than she will ever know.

Soon it will be time to take her to California to finish up things with our Aunt out there. I will miss her company and the craziness that comes with two sisters combining ideas and butting heads! She eventually plans to move closer to her daughter in Florida and that may mean I don't see her for a long time. It may not, she promises to come again in the future, but I have made that promise too. It does not always work out that way.

For now I will enjoy the time we get and try my best not to insist on my own way. After all there are many ways to do things and not all are necessarily perfect or right but it still gets the job done.


Today was tie dye Tuesday at school so I stayed up last night and made these...

Both kiddos were excited to were them to enrichment today!
I made 3 with the my granddaughter in mind but she wasn't here today so the girls had more selection to choose from.


My sister has been helping with assembling stuff that I didn't want to do after I bought them. This shelf is one thing. I procrastinated and ran my return time down to zero.
Lily has been trying her best to help with the fruit trees!
Same with Maddie! Although she likes the dirt better.

Here is a "potato" bag. If you look really close you can see a plant emerging.
It is at the top of the picture left of center. Purplish green.
We have also spent time filling that wonderful dumpster!

By the time they came to empty it we had it to the very top. 

Well that is about all that has been happening around here. Hope to fill the dumpster again this week. There is no shortage of items to go in to it, just a labor shortage most days.

Progress on the chicken house has slowed to a stand still for now as other things have taken over my time. All the young birds seem happy with the arrangement so far. Hopefully I will get to finish the outside yards before we head west.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow