It's Thursday...

Being Thursday in general has absolutely no significance, other than I usually do not have to babysit. Today is no different. I do plan to do yard work and plant a variety of beans and squash today. There is still a need for a fence on the east side of the chicken house and chicken wire over the top of all of it. Too many predator birds out here to not have a top IMHO. Although having a small yard to start without a top would probably be okay.

There are 5 peach trees waiting for their place in the yard I am really torn about where they should go. I easily would like them along the north fence for protection from the wind while they are small and for snow in the winter to keep them moist. But in the past they have done well in the south of the house position they held for 15 years. Decisions, decisions. I think I will go with the north fence and hope for the best.

Raspberries and blackberries are going to stay in pots for this season as, again I don't know where I want to put them. I do know I want them far from these guys!

The turkeys are getting huge! The ducks are keeping their distance for the most part. Although one duck was quite fond of the turkey feathers for her nest. She paid a price for the few she snagged.

It was my desire to stay home this day originally, but there are some things I need from the commissary and I like to go early as opposed to before picking up the kids from enrichment. I have agreed to watch the grandkids for the summer, This will limit the time I have  for a real job. It will also allow me to spend more time on the garden. In theory if nothing else.

Well the morning is slipping away and the chores are not doing themselves, so I better get up and figure out what is first on my list. Have a wonderful day and don't let anyone steal your joy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow