It's a Drake!

As I was doing the stuff that starts each day I didn't notice the changes that were occurring. On top of that yesterday was such a whirlwind of things going on that I am not sure what all I did get done! When evening came and I had time to look at the animals more closely, I noticed that one of the ducks had changed. The change isn't complete but it is happening!


We have a male Mallard and 3 females! This secures the fate of at least two of the 7 ducks. Same for the turkeys there are 3 males and four females. Of course only two of each are needed so the rest get donated or become freezer food. I am hoping that there are a male and female of the white ducks too. Time will tell.



This summer has us building a ramp to the front door for my 101 year old aunt. I am sure it will come in handy for one or both of us one day, but for now it is mainly for her.


There may even be times that the ducks and turkeys enjoy the ramp. If nothing else I get a front porch out of it. It has been too hot to enjoy sitting on a porch but that could change at any time... this is Colorado!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Three days in

Black Friday... White Snow