Good morning blog it is the end of the week and homeschooling is in full swing. Both girls are now doing it full time. The older teen is definitely more invested in finishing the work. The younger is still resistive for the most part. However, she is a lot less resistive to this than PS. So, onward we go. Keeping up with the four hours is the hardest part, I forget to write down what we did or maybe I procrastinate and then forget. Either way I have to find the book that was my "tool" to keep track of things, but I have buried it under something. I got up early to pack coolers for the trip to Oklahoma and have been running in circles since. DH had planned to head out by himself and with some of the forgetfulness that has occurred this week it was not what I wanted to happen. In the end he left with the boys following him in the Audi. I will take care of the animals and kids and try to get done what needs to be done in the meantime. There was a lot more room in the horse trai...
Hello June, it promised to be a busy month, and it has been. It started with court on the 3rd of the month. We haven't heard anything in regard to that. The 6th of the month brought the teen and I to Arlington Texas for a concert of her choosing. We had a good time and a rapid round trip. getting ready for concert waiting for the rest of the crowd the young mom that we hung out with on the bus one of the posters she made that we had to toss she planned to take her favorite water cup in but didn't The 11th was another trip with a party on the 14th. A great time was had by all. The return trip was better travel time than the get to the party trip. It was sprinkled with not so good things. In Iowa we witnessed and stopped the car fast enough to at least not become part of a semi-truck versus pickup truck accident. People were not very considerate behind us. I barely got over to the shoulder on the right with the collision in the left lane, and the traffic shot up through the mi...
Every day brings new challenges. Especially if I think I have it all under control. This week brought my oldest granddaughter joining the Air Force. She did tell me she was going to do it. I did encourage it. But others were told that she was leaving for college. So gullible me thought it was still college. Looking back many, many years I realized everyone else except her parents and me, were acting like my mother when I announced I was going to follow my then boyfriend into the service. Negativity with all capital letters, you are too weak, you will never succeed, you cannot handle it, and so on. In retrospect I am honored that she trusted me enough to confide in me. As I type this, I watch someone who is much too old to eat kernels of corn with her fingers do just that. Shower will happen after dinner, as it is a messy one tonight and a shower is needed regardless. Dementia is something I thought I understood fairly well, that is until it moved in. I try to celebrate the little ...
Comments
Post a Comment