Friday night last day off.....Most people do not dread the weekend

Most people do not dread the weekend. Then again most people don't start their work week on Saturday evening.  I work 2-10 Saturday and Sunday, then I double back Monday morning for a 6am-2pm shift. Tuesday is supposed to be a 6am-2pm shift but generally last till 5pm because of doctors rounds. So if anything needs to be ready for Monday morning for the kids then really it must be complete by Saturday morning.  I get Wednesday through Friday off because I give every other Wednesday to the other day shift nurse. Then I babysit my 2 year old granddaughter every other Wednesday through Saturday morning so her mom can work.... I am tired just thinking about it.

In order to get ready for the week I made a paper list of stuff I needed from the store. That was definitely a good idea! I actually remembered to get most of what I had on the list. Before I left for the store and to do our running around I had made a list of some of the meals that were going to be made that week. Chicken fried rice, chicken pot pie, spinach alfredo pizza with chicken and pulled pork. So before I left for town I remembered to put the chicken meat for the meals in the crock pot


 
That is the chicken and yes it is frozen but by the time we get back from running around it will be perfect for adding to the dishes planned for the next few meals.

 
Above is the spinach alfredo pizza with chicken that is Friday night's dinner super fast and tasty even if you have to use canned ingredients!

 
Chicken pot pie delicious on Saturday even though the chicken is prepared on Friday with the pizza chicken and the pie shells too!

 
Last but not least the chicken fried rice is made with chicken cooked while shopping last Friday and then put together on Monday. For me having a rice cooker makes a huge difference in getting dinner on the table quickly on a work night
 
 
On Sunday the crock pot was put to work again making a pork roast that was turned into pulled pork bar-b-q sandwiches on Tuesday of course that was after we enjoyed a good portion of that roast for the main entrée on Sunday
 
I think the most time consuming part of each meal is trying decide what to have when. The second most time consuming is putting the appliances together that are needed to make the meals, such as the dough hook for the mixer or the beater paddle for the bread maker or the can opener if I have to use canned ingredients.
 
Next post I will share the super simple and delicious recipes I found for quick and easy pizza dough and wonderful but fast and easy pie crust... I no longer buy either of these items at the store.
 
Thanks for stopping to read my blog leave any comments or requests and as soon as I get time to respond I will.... Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow