When is work really work?

The hardest part of my job is dealing with other medical professionals...I suppose I use that term somewhat loosely.  I work in assisted living currently, and to me that means you are asked to assist the resident.  I encounter several assistants who feel that if a resident calls for assistance to say put on a sweater that abusing the call light system as they could easily walk to where "assistants"are and make the requests in person. Somehow the reasoning of that escapes me.

This is thanksgiving week so I really want to do some fun things with my little ones and also teach them what it means to be thankful...however right now it is barely six thirty and I am exhausted and they are wild!!!!

It is hard when you get up at 0330 and then work and come home to kids who have not eaten and just want candy or junk...oh well he does the best he can.  My eleven year old granddaughter just climbed into the toddler bed with the littlest and started telling her a story and I think the little one fell asleep and the five year old climbed in n my bed and is finally asleep what a blessing! I am going to take a nap and then get up and do the dishes.

Well at midnight the littlest woke up crying which lately I have been trying not rush to respond so that she can soothe herself back to sleep..but her cries woke or startled my grandson who then woke in a seizure-like state rigid and shakes with a high pitched screech. It took about five minutes for him to return to a normal state for him. But then of course the littlest stayed awake until 0330.  Of course then she was up again at 0600 so I am incredibly thankful I have the day off.

Even if I were to go to work most days it is much less stressful than staying home with preschoolers!  That is way I cannot understand why our CNA's complain about the call lights when it is just to assist with a sweater...  That is why I ask when is work really work? This is one of the best jobs I have ever had. I have enjoyed almost every job that I have ever held but this is by far the easiest. Ok the army was good too but this job doesn't ask me to lay down my life for it.  Just show up with my time card...That is the hard part. I have problems keeping up with the time card/ID thing. Could be ADHD, could be small children who get into everything.  Oh well time to get on with the day and feed chickens, cats and kids. Start laundry and clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow