Is it over yet?

 This holiday week started with a bang or a crash or however you want to say it. A flat tire started the pre-Thanksgiving week forcing me to drive the alternate van. No worries, no back up camera, no movie player for the kiddos, no leather seats to mess up like I said no worries! Until the day after Thanksgiving. While driving to town to take the littlest baby to her mama for "lunch" some goof ball driving rubbish to the dump apparently didn't care that his load wasn't secure. As we approached each other on the highway I could see something large lifting off of his trailer. Unfortunately it was unavoidable and it slammed into the front end of my van. 

After it hit my vehicle it became a lump in the road and the car behind me high centered on it. Both cars were significantly damaged and the offending driver and all those behind him just continued on with their day. No one stopped at all. To make matters worse the state patrol said unless we got a plate number there was nothing that could be done.

We both picked up the pieces to our cars and waited for family to come and help us tie our bumpers up enough to get home. Note to self, put duct tape or rope into the car. Follow that with a fun day of babysitting and you have a night to remember! Or hopefully forget... but no that's not the worst of it. The next morning I tried to sleep in. Bad idea! The dogs were very stressed that I would even consider such a thing. 


Call me a whiner but these dogs are bad, bad, little puppies!
Mind you we cancelled travel plans so that my daughter would not be without a babysitter. Also perhaps then the dogs will have babysitters that will handle them better than I do. Now that the "auntie" is back to babysit it turns out she has jury duty! So we must shove our travel plans out a bit further. I guess it is best because most likely we won't have a couch or chair when we return


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow