31 days eh?

Wow! We are nine days into the month and I cannot get motivated to get any of my list done. Our plans to travel right after Thanksgiving changed and still we haven't left our area. Family matters have changed our travel dates to later in the month and maybe even into the new year. My sister has misgivings about us visiting our mother lest we bring the germs with us. So I have thought long and hard about that, then my son-in-law had an event that has delayed us even longer. I don't feel right leaving my daughter at this point until things settle a bit.


In light of all the extra time to get things ready you would think I would be more motivated to get things together! Alas, my motivation ends by 0800 each morning. That said I have made a list and I'm checking it twice... because that is easier than getting off my chair and doing the items on my list! 


One thing on the list was to create a space to sew in. Say good bye to the guest room and hello to a creative space. It is really small for a bedroom anyway and almost too small for a sewing room. We can make it work! I have taken down the bed and carried it to the attic. I moved a small table in to put the serger and the quilting machine on.


Across from these two items is an older machine that my sister had given me on my last trip to Michigan. However, when I left it at the shipping store for them to pack and ship, it somehow broke the support that allowed it to work in the case. I found a sewing table on Facebook marketplace and by then had lost some other crucial piece. Having since found the missing piece I will set one machine up with cotton thread and one with polyester so I don't have to "re-thread" for different projects.




This little room also is home to all things homeschool and my computer desk, a craft closet and a rolling cart with miscellaneous things that needed a home. Not to say that there are not tons of homeschool stuff in the dining area, oh excuse me, the house plans call it the "morning room", because there are! I took out the filing cabinet that was in here and it now lives in my closet because there isn't any floor space in here to hold it.


Eventually I will be moved to the basement to sew I am told. I'll deal with that when it happens. You really shouldn't give a hoarder or a recovering hoarder, more space! At some point I will probably have to give this room to the youngest for a bedroom. Another thing to deal with later.

Well time to close and head to Costco.... why? To get mad at myself for buying more stuff that I don't need I'm sure. No, actually I need to replenish the vitamins and a few staples if they are on sale.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow