April Fool's Day came and left

 The first of April came without any fanfare or pranks. The school sent notice to please refrain from pranks. The Pediatrician called as scheduled and he had no pranks. I played no pranks. It was a dull day. I needed a dull day. I even went to bed early with no regrets. I awoke refreshed and ready to tackle SIL's old bedroom. Today is the day the carpets get done in there and I move the almost 12-year-old out of the "formal' living room.

I have struggled with the assisted living arrangement since day 1. I have carried guilt for that and for evicting the niece from SIL's home. I am done beating myself up and ready to move on. My biggest regret is that her friends are all very far away and visits will be seldom enjoyed. There is only so much I can do with her here or there or anywhere. So, I must do the best I can for everyone including her. Once the home is sold and things are settled then I will readdress the living arrangements.

On with the plans of the day. We enjoyed fresh butter on our waffles and pancakes this morning. As I cleared the island of "junk" I thought of all the time wasted on worry every day. It is way too much! Now to get the stuff out of that room and get the carpet cleaned. That will allow for the kiddo to be moved hopefully later tonight if not, then tomorrow.


Progress will be made if it causes a riot or not! Okay, I cannot remove the recliner by myself and so far, I cannot get it on top of the bed alone either. Success! I got it on top of the bed by myself! Now to vacuum and then scrub the carpet!

One room done! It will take the rest of the day to dry. So off to the commissary for me! Going to make some freezer meals for the days I work. The bulk of our week is running around in the car from school and running to SIL and regular shopping stuff so with appointments and babysitting and stuff so there is a lot of car time. Not much time for hanging around a stove. Don't get me wrong I enjoy making a meal, but there isn't always time for cooking from scratch and a few ready-made things are better than fast food.

The night is almost here, and the furniture has been moved to the intended room and the cleaning of the next room will hopefully begin on Monday.
the desk and a book shelf

Nightstand and tv

 the recliner off of the bed

children holding bed safely in place

Pretty girly curtains

recliner holding bed in place and old curtains

Carpet after shampooing



Pictures were in no particular order and I am in no particular mood to do any more tonight! Good night world!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow