Choices and dementia

 Routines are crucial for a person with dementia. They are not crucial for those that live with dementia, that would be where the problem lies. Today as I moved dressers into rooms and bookshelves out of corners to accommodate impulse purchases it became apparent that changing any routines for other people is not a good idea. 

My house is still in utter chaos with all the attempts of packing to leave. I did manage to get some things put away and the kids clothing for school washed and dried, not put away. The big dogs ran off yesterday and stayed out way longer than their usual 4 hours. I actually began to worry that they may have gotten hit by a car or something. I really need the fence finished so that I can relax a teeny bit. This makes me regret not taking the hundred acres.

Today I plan to work on the chicken house after the kitchen and living room are cleared of the mess from moving things around.

This is the dresser for the oldest

This was the dresser for the oldest

The seller did not respond right away to my plea for the dresser that the oldest actually got so I went and purchased this tall dresser as she has little floor space. But with the youngest getting one with a mirror, I second guessed my choice and as soon as the couple responded I was definitely taking a third dresser. Now I have to empty the dresser that is in the picture and load it in the truck for donation. 

I put the tall chest of drawers and shelf unit into the living room. Of course, that meant disconnecting the internet, security system, and moving the bookshelf that all these things were on, so we were without internet for at least an hour while I tried to figure out all the wires. Now to get off my rearend and get things cleaned up. There is painting to do and carpets to rip up and of course, there is still more to pack.

DH came home from his morning task and announced that he told the girls that we are not moving. In his next breath he asked if we are still going to look at the houses that were lined up for September viewing... I am going to go do some laundry and try to figure out whether I am coming or going.

Three days have passed since the start of this post. I still do not know if I am coming or going. The more I weigh the pros and the cons... the more boxes I want to toss to the donation bin. On top of all of that my Pac-Man game table won't work.

Laundry is done, phone has been found finally, living room started, recliner disassembled, and all trash for two days has been taken out. Phone was in the bottom of a laundry basket and located once the laundry was folded and put away. Now it is time to cook dinner. I still have a lot to move out of the living room in order for it to be classified as a living room again. DH is outside on the tractor moving piles of dirt.

Time to get back to the living room work. Dinner is over. Laundry is folded and more is in the washer. Tomorrow is the first day of September. Good-bye August. Hopefully it will be better and more decisive than June through August was.

After our road trip, if we actually go, I intend to buckle down and get through some of my crafts. Scheduled relaxation time is going to become part of my day. Not sure where I am going to carve out time for this, but I am going to do it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

As Summer comes to an end...