DO-OVER!!!!

If today is the first day of the rest of your life does that count as a "do-over"? Because if it does I'll take mine tomorrow. But alas I know and you know that life is what you make it... "do-over" or not. Now that I think of it, I won't take mine tomorrow as I have an audit in my department and a meeting with the company attorney. It seems that one of the residents is suing us for discrimination... I wish you could start discriminating when that happens. 

I should so wear the bunny suit! there are lunches to pack and creamer to sniff (since I am not drinking the stuff). There are also 4 pints of whipping cream that need to be turned into butter. It makes it easier to freeze and keep longer. But that is the trouble of buying too much of a good thing! 

This post was halted by the fire that changed our lives.... Thus the delay in posting it.

I didn't wear the bunny suit on January 8th


We didn't eat dinner at this table that night



My messy kitchen isn't there anymore

 My messy counters in the dining room aren't stacked with the stuff of daily living anymore
 
 No sewing going on these days... but funny enough the dishes in that china hutch lay stacked in the rubble below the ash.
This post is being finished after the bonfire... Sadly the yellow house is no more.. The cause is unknown, and will remain just that. We have our suspicions but can't dwell on the loss. If I do then Noah will be needed. Life continues on and must be lived. 


As I arrived home on January 8th this was my view...
There was nothing anyone could do...



It went fast and carried on well into the next day...

27 years of "stuff"... 90 minutes to ash and two days of smoldering.. I am not sure when we will or even if we will rebuild.
I think sometimes we might just stay in the city. Then I think of my chickens and the pig and the ducks... I can't think about the house pets. I just can't right now.


There is a LOT of clean-up to do! But most amazing thing is that absolutely no one was home except the house pets and the animals outside of course.  God protected my family and I will be forever thankful for that. Eight fire departments sent crews to the scene and not one was hurt, another blessing not to be overlooked. The littles were in town and haven't yet seen the mess.. the blessings are just unending!!

Some day I will figure out what I want to do but for now I want to stay numb to the memory. Alive to the memories before that day! Ready for what the future may bring :)

Until the next post....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow