Another day off school..

Yesterday all four kiddos had Taekwondo after school. It is another fundraiser for the school. If 30 kids signed up at $40 each the school gets to keep all the money and the Dojang donates uniforms and the instructors for 4 weeks. I know this because it is the dojang that my grandson belongs to. It is a win/win because the kids drive their parents crazy until at least one or two families give in and spend $1000+ to have their child join for real. The school gets $1200 for the group that goes twice a week for 4 weeks. And the dojang gets a donation write-off.

For this family we will most likely not be continuing, but we will see.  So far neither of my two has made the request. But the other two here today are both wanting to continue. Grandkids usually talk us into stuff that mom and dad won't go for.

It is November and there is much to do before December. There may even be a move involved. So that is my biggest reason for saying we won't likely continue. I have two hats almost ready for gifts and 2/3 of a blanket for my grandson. Of course I misplaced my crochet hook for the blanket... I'll find it eventually like probably after the holidays or once I buy a new one.

This morning I attempted to organize a ton of paperwork that has been accumulating in various areas of this little house. That was before the first kiddo arrived at 0530. He was quiet so I was able to get quite a bunch done before the second on arrived at 0640. Then my two woke up and it was all over. The youngest can smell something new from the store. She always finds things I hide. 

Yesterday I took advantage of Walgreen's 90% off of Halloween stuff. I purchased 10 unicorn costumes at .99 each. Each set consisted of a headband with a gold or silver lame horn, ears, a bowtie, a tail and wristbands for hooves. Silly you might say but I have a plan. The hats that I am making for gifts are unicorn hats. the horns and ears will be torn from the headband and applied to the hats! Saving me time and money in making my own.

I'll figure something else out for the rest of the items. In the meantime #10 has found them and everyone except the boy needs to play unicorn. :(  That lasted 5 minutes for two of them and the third is still a unicorn.

Now it is decision time. No I don't mean voting we did that Tuesday. Do I go buy a crochet hook with all these kids in tow? I need some items from Costco and a pizza for lunch, again, with all these kids in tow? Also the four chickens keep escaping their container so do I drive them to the property and house them with the others? With four kids in tow? I mean each kid could hold one hen for the ride... Not sure my ears could stand the screaming.
Who could look at that little hen and scream?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow