As for that house... make the best of it

When you find a house in your driveway... 
Yep that's a house in the driveway

 Hmm.. must be mine

make the best of it. Invade and take pictures!






Well that was all I could see but eventually I will get to see more.
It makes the little house I am living in look even smaller. I am growing fond of this little house. It will be hard to leave. Even harder to live at the scene of the disaster and feel it is okay. I am sure in time it will feel alright. But at first I am sure I will not sleep much.  

Each move has brought a bout of insomnia as I learn which sounds are normal for the dwelling I am in. Crazy, but true. Where DH can sleep anywhere, even at the wheel of the car driving, I cannot. I should be safe from moving for a while yet as the weather has changed and it is too cold to do any more cement work at this time.




Well that's all for tonight. I went out there today to check on the chickens and to meet up with the Stucco guy to get an estimate. The house arrived without the ordered siding. Mix up at the factory but probably saves us a lot of money in the long run.

We had an estimate for the house we are currently in done and it was quite pricey. We decided to wait and see what the new house would cost before doing the little house. 

As I sat in the travel trailer, waiting for the stucco guy, with two kiddos screaming at the top of their lungs for fun, I thought how do people live in these? It was very cold and snowy outside so they had to play indoors. Why do tiny houses intrigue me when I can't see myself living in a travel trailer?

I guess it is just a phase, like collecting children, I'll get over it.

Yay! He is here. The new one will be less. I wish I could get more excited... perhaps in time I will. DH is very excited and is even on board with hiring a moving team to relocate. I better order the moving team before he changes his mind!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow