September is almost gone...

 Fall is right around the corner, and we continue to get things ready for the winter. My busy mind is trying hard to wrap around all that needs to be done before the cold sets in. I do not want to move in the wintertime, but I will keep searching for that perfect house. As I have said before, maybe I am in it. I do not think that I am, but I might be.

The sleeping arrangement for the dogs is working on some levels. I cannot keep my bedroom door open at night or I will be buried in a multicolored fur blanket in seconds. Once SIL returns home the dogs will need other arrangements. The hope was to be moved to a property with lots of acreage for the animals, and the kids and the SIL and DH. The reality is we live here and will for the rest of this year and the first three months of next year. 

I suggested a one level home be built on this land; I was met with more resistance than I have seen in a long time. A reapproach will happen next week. I was promised electric in the attic by end of month, I am counting down the days until that happens. 

Today is Sunday and it was a day to run and get animal feed and since there isn't any water here, so I went ahead and bought paper plates and plastic ware to use to reduce what water I need for doing dishes. I stocked up on TP and paper towels so that I do not have to make another Costco run for a while! I go there for gas once a week, but I do not need to get the other supplies. Next month it will be picking up candy for trunk or treat.

So, it was a Costco, Walmart, Big R and done run. It was going to be a Commissary run too, but the truck was full, and I had been gone long enough. 

Time to feed the four-legged kids

It is the time to put chickens up for the night, stack dishes for a morning wash, sort clothes for the school day and last but not least time to make the list of phone calls for morning. With any luck the electric people will be able to come and locate the break in the line and schedule a repair.

backseat of truck

bed of the truck

Hopefully there will be enough products leftover for the next emergency. If not, I know where to get more of the same stuff...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow