Catching up!

Sorry I have not posted since Valentine's Day... I have tried several times but small people in the very close proximity decided I was not going to post.  It has been a very busy week!  Monday was supposed to be return my wheelchair day.... that actually happened on Thursday.  so That should give you an idea of how far behind I am in goals for the week.  In fact someone needs a nap so I am going to post this and get back to it later as an updated post.

I didn't post this because i really needed to learn how to find my drafts and continue them... I think i did it.  s
So in my last post I bragged on a diaper store that I found and promised to go find the location of my former favorite diaper store.  Well we had to go to town so we located the store and looked for a pair of Super Undies.  I was disappointed to find they no longer carried them.  The new store is way bigger than the former location and in all fairness I will withhold my review at this time as the worker in the store was less than congenial and I did not look through the whole store.  They did carry Rumparooz and I got a close up look at those but they will not work for my needs.

I did venture back to the other store and get the squeeze pouches I wanted to try.. eh they are ok but we have only used them once since buying them. So this total week was spent trying to get something done... not sure if I succeeded or not.  I did finish sewing a pair of pull ups
 both of these are of the front of the pull up
 Of course this is the inside
They are not high enough in the back so I have to modify that and I did not catch the elastics well enough on the ruching so that has unraveled a bit.  They do however work very well we have not had any leaks so far. The inner layer is microfiber suede.  I scored a bolt of it from goodwill for 10.00!  The soaker is microfiber and a wham sham from the dollar store.  And a scrap of PUL left from some diapers I made for a shower gift oh and the sides are cotton knit remnants.  I always hit the remnant bin when I get to go to any fabric store.  For small children there is usually enough to use for some part or all of a project.  so I guesstimate that the total cost for this project including the elastic thread is less than $10.00.  But if you try to put a price on procrastination, frustration and time spent.... It would be a bit higher! There are so many tutorials on Youtube I think anyone could find directions to make just about anything!

So that was Saturday and I am not sure what we did Sunday other than go to church.  Monday I think I spent looking on Ebay for Super Undies and bought two pair in two sizes hoping to get a good fit. Oh and i visited the new store location... then Tuesday came and went with frustration at trying to get an appointment for the 3 year old to be evaluated.

I will continue this later the kids are up from their naps.... TAKE COVER!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow