Paperwork and more paperwork!

Just when I really am starting to feel better I get paperwork in the mail that needs immediate attention. And of course I can procrastinate with the best of them but that did not happen this time. The original paperwork arrived after my appointment with the ortho guy....then the weather here was less than desirable for driving in for about 4 days, maybe 5. Next I ended up going back to ER because of the chest pain and didn't feel like doing anything for sure.  On Sunday my dear husband brings me an envelope and the contents demand a response by the 13th...tomorrow.  So on Monday I set out to get the needed information... First i could not reach the generator of the letter. Then the littlest had a follow-up appointment at 1100. Then we spent an hour and 15 minutes waiting for the pharmacy.  Section one on said paperwork was for my supervisor...who was unavailable due to all day meetings...so I left a message. Then I tried the sender again... left another message.  I tried to reach the ortho department at the Air Force Academy...on hold the 15 minutes on someone else's cell phone, my daughter's yes but still. So next we headed toward my work in hopes to catch the needed info between meetings... again the machine... so stop by Walgreens for a little highway robbery on candy for the preschool party. AHA my supervisor attempted to return my call! Too bad I was in the store and missed the call. So here we go phone and she is it... oh oh she calls back and informs me 1) that another co-worker has fallen at work and broken her leg...bummer! 2) she has never ever had to fill out that paperwork before and I need to check with the sender. So I tried again and hit zero to talk to an operator who assured me that the sender would return my call.... I did not feel reassured.  By this time it was 3pm typical Air Force/Army magic time... they disappear. I feared being driven for 35-45 minutes just to find no one available to fill out the papers. So home we go.
 Tuesday arrived with lots of excitement at least on the preschooler's part.  This was her party day and she had helped make gift bags for all her classmates and valentines too.  Her backpack was packed and ready to go.  Once all the little darlings were safely on the bus and the littlest was back down for her nap I picked up the phone...dead.  No phone today tried to use cell phone to contact CenturyLink... no such number according to their web site... if this is true I want my 392.00 back. Eventually I was able to discover the problem and it wasn't our house it was area wide.  Our original plan was to go to the Air Academy early and find the Major that needed to fill out section 3 and then go to the courthouse and get copies of the Letters of Guardianship for number 7 to give to her college. (long story for another post) My driver had succumbed to the illness that had plagued the rest of us for 6 days... so now with only 2 days left and no driver and no phone I had to resort to asking dear hubby to do my bidding.
Now this may seem a normal task in most marriages... not ours.  Usually he loses track of his list or forgets it all together or just doesn't think what I need done is all that important and puts it off til later.  Luckily this time only part of that happened.  He did manage to get to the Academy and get section 3 filled out but he did not get to the court or get his own POA done.  (In 4 hours) So the next time he tells me I take all day to do so little trust me he is going to get a reminder!!!
Wednesday...no preschool.  So now do we pack up the 3 little ones and try to get to the court and what have you and back for parent teacher conferences or ask DH to finish his list?  Well i asked and he said "right now?" to which I replied "if I have to go I need to leave right now because I have to be back by a certain time".  He said then go... so my driver said "I will go start the car and get the kids loaded".  Almost immediately DH said "no no I will go I have to get my POA signed anyway".  That was 3 and a half hours ago.  Well I couldn't reach the sender even today but I did get someone else and faxed the urgent paperwork with one day to spare thanks to DH and CenturyLink deciding we did exist and fixing that problem.
So with that solved I will dress the kids and go to parent teacher conferences and maybe feed the chickens on my way out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow