Birthdays Happy and Not so Happy sometimes

For three months now we have had a birthday or two or three to celebrate in this here house. It is fun when it happens and sometimes it is even organized and the birthday person gets a cake and the meal of their choice. Most times it takes me by surprise and I am scrambling to get it together the day of. Even worse I end up working on their special day and things get pushed back. That was the deal for my youngest son for 18+ years. I was inevitably in the field on his special day :( 

For now there is a new youngest and I have not been to the field since her arrival. Those days are behind me and although I cherish the times I had back then, it is time to move on. This youngest is having a very difficult time waiting for her June birthday to arrive and the one just in front of her has a birthday this week. Since we remain in connection with their birth families they get extra things in the mail from them and she is having a hard time accepting that the next package arriving is probably not for her. In fact 7 yo got a message that indeed she should watch for a package this week.

Unfortunately, not all birth families are created equal. Nor do all packages in the mail look the same. As the girls get older this will be easier on them I hope. For now it is a challenge. One gramma is a bit over indulgent and the other really only recognizes her grandchild at Christmas. Thank goodness for close friends and family here that are able to soothe the sadness that comes with jealousy.

For today it is spring in Colorado. Tomorrow who knows what it will be so I will enjoy today and hope for more good weather in the near future. It gets tiring wearing a snowsuit one day and a bikini the next or that same afternoon... How interesting that half a world way someone knows I am roasting a chicken. Must smell good! I best get myself up off of this computer and get the rest of the meal ready for this afternoon. :)
 Here's a funny footnote.. the girls' just realized that my daughter lives on "Haystack".
 They realized also that we have a "haystack"...
 nothing was funnier to them than that all day on that "enlightening" day!
 Look it's a fluffy little fuzz butt!
 That can fly!!  Future dinner if it keeps that up...
 Not to be confused with chicken fried steak  which is more of a comfort food than it is nutritious
 Well now that is NOT roasted chicken! But it was good!

bye for now... gotta go gather eggs, finish making dinner and  twiddle my thumbs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow