The morning comes waay too early some days.

The morning comes and as a usual weekday it is way too early for me.  But get up and get started I do, because things will happen if I don't ... bad things like flooding sinks and milk on the carpet LOL. this morning we are having French toast sticks and DH thinks I have time to fill out paperwork for the charter school he wants the girls in. I am not sure on the charter school thing. Yes I wonder constantly if they are getting enough school work here at home and yes I know they do not always. (hmm wonder why...) But I am not ready nor are they to plunge into that get up and get moving on someone else's terms. Especially with this stuff on the ground!

We have curriculum all over this house and it won't teach itself.  On my days off I do what I can we usually spend 6-8 hours doing "school" to make up for the time missed while I am at work. As I get ready to walk out the door this morning I hear yelling upstairs and I go to check on it. Oh the morning radio news is on and of course we don't want small people interrupting that... not that it doesn't repeat every hour on the hour... all day. Mustn't miss hearing it this hour. Grrrr...

Even with a list it isn't gong to get done... I know these littles are a challenge but they respond to attention better than lack of attention. So change is coming... Evenings would be my preference but in a pinch nights would have to do. Time will tell... For now the youngest and I made a run t toy r us and then to Chuck E Cheese to set up the party arrangements. What a nightmare taking her to toys r us. It was enjoyable just watching her look through the store... but then the toy horses came into view! I liked to never get out alive!!!
 She reminded me how hard she worked in her copy books and on her math book last night.
 She started and finished that workbook in two hours, plus worked on her language arts workbook....
 Actually writing letters in the language arts book! These are more busy work than anything but they reinforce the lessons and they are inexpensive. And there's nothing like a brand new pencil to make it fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow