What a relief!

This morning was a bit strange around the yellow house. I decided not to go into work early as I knew I had to stay late... so why bother right? The littles woke early too and I marked the workbook pages and to my surprise they grabbed their books and complained how much homework that they had as they started writing out the answers! Teen years will be a blast!

My sister from Oklahoma is coming to visit this month. I just told the littles and they are so excited! She is bringing two baby ducks so we must get a pond ready for the little quackers or they will try to swim in our pool. The last two that we had did that and it was a challenge to keep them out of the pool. Mostly I wasn't able to keep them out, then one day they were missing. We don't live in a suburb so assumed the circle of life had taken it's course and they had become lunch.

About two months later I was cleaning the attic room... for what I do not know, and I ran across a dead rat in a cage. That's when 2+2 finally made sense.  You see number 8 had been asking about having a pet rat and of course I was not thrilled at the idea at all. It also seemed that the neighbor girl three quarters of a mile away wanted ducks... and happened to have a pet rat. These are details left out of the request for a rat.  Unfortunately, number 8 forgot to feed the rat and I never got the ducks back.

 Ever wonder what a school bus sandwich looks like?
Well wonder no more... this was on the way to work last week. Not Friday though that was the teacher rally day in Denver. 
I used to have a little sign in the laundry room that read:

Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday.

That is such a true statement. I really dreaded even going into work today after the weekend I had. Knowing that I would be there most of the day did not make it any better. Trying to leave at a decent hour didn't happen either. 
Well time to tidy up the kitchen and clean the litter boxes. So good night where ever you are and be safe! Especially around the sandwiches :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow