Making bone broth tonight.... or roasting ox tail for a good cause (they say)

Yes! I am roasting Ox tail as I type this... wasn't my first choice to make bone broth with but I want to try to make it in the instant pot and it calls for 2 pounds of meaty bones and Ox tail was suggested. The package that I picked up with all the other soup or dog bones as some refer to them as, weighed two pounds. It was also meaty and on the list so in the oven it roasts. There are five minutes left on the timer, then it goes into a pot to simmer.

The original plan was to do the 48 hour method on the stove over the Holiday weekend but since I am blessed with the honor of working all weekend the instant pot method was more appealing.

So the ox tail is roasted and it really doesn't look bad! I suppose if I came in and didn't know it was Ox tail I might think it was a "rib" dish or something. It is "golden" looking as the recipe says it should be and into the instant pot it goes with 3 quarts of purified water and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Looking into the pot it doesn't seem very full. The last time I made this I did the 48 hour method and I didn't use Ox tail. Also I didn't roast the bones first. 

Hmmm... It doesn't specify how long to simmer before putting the cooker into pressure mode. Now to figure out how long I should "simmer" this dish. I also have a sink full of dishes to do so this may be a very short post.  Here come the kiddos because they are bored. Oh and the ham egg muffin cups are done and only ten would fit into the container... so I had to eat two of them!
Okay this is the first batch, not the current batch! These were very tasty! So tasty in fact that this is the third batch of a dozen that I have made since last Saturday. No I did not eat them all myself! I took 6 of the first batch to work and the whole dozen of the second batch and tomorrow I will take 9 of this batch.. because I am sure I will eat one in the morning :) Take care world.. you too crazy coast guard person ;) Time to pressure cook!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow