Wind, clouds and more wind...

It seems to be way too early to be up but we are and the youngest has been awake for several hours. The wind was blowing most of the night and the sky is filled with clouds this morning. I am kept awake by the wind and the Little most nights and I consume way too much caffeine at night! Where have the days gone when I had energy to stay awake longer than those in my care and get things done? Most days have an emotional drain that just sucks the life energy out of me. I can feel this day won't be much different as it is wacky Wednesday. So that means three hours of a five year old whining about not getting to go somewhere or do something because the older is gone. Not fun :(

Maybe I'll think of something today while I'm gone that will work to keep her entertained and maintain my sanity...lol and maybe it's too late! My sister called me late last month to share that she would be traveling to Limon sometime in May for a funeral and would be coming here as well! When my sister arrives with the baby ducks this month it should prove interesting to see how the girls react to a different kind of fowl in the yard :) Jewell said she found two black ducklings at the store and sent a picture of three. That confused me a little until her next text that explained one was a gosling. We had two geese at one point in time, but one disappeared. We found ourselves left with the female and she was a good layer. She was obviously lonely without her beau. So in the summer of 2014 I called Wishing Star farm and asked, pleaded was more like it, that she be given a place of shelter and perhaps find a new mate there.

When the owner returned my call she was laughing and very excited about receiving this blonde feathered, blue eyed beauty who had been jilted by the last suitor, and abused by a bunch of chickens who were pretty, just not as beautiful as her. We have been to visit her several times over the past few years and she is just as lovely as when she lived here. However, now she cannot bite me in the tush for taking her eggs and she has friends. I take silent pride at how pretty she is next to all the other geese there, to me she is by far the prettiest. Knowing that the owner of the farm was wanting a blue eyed blonde feathered goose makes it even better.

Clouds all week and the nicest day so far and I cannot lift my head from the pillow for the headache. It is not normal for me to call in sick but today was different. I just couldn't do it. In fact none of the usual things I do for headaches even touched it a little bit and about fifteen minutes ago I felt the pain lift a little bit. Stress that is all I can blame it on... Think I'll hang with the chickens tomorrow that is always relaxing. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow