Bone Broth has nothing on Homemade Chocolate Pudding!

There I've said it! I have been pretty good about the bone broth lately. I have also been good about making homemade chocolate pudding for the lunchboxes. Yes, I know I can get four cups for less than a dollar from Wal-Mart. I also can get an instant mix for under a dollar and make it "myself".  But there is something satisfying for me to do it all myself and have the kiddos say they "love it"! Betty Crocker I am not.

But I digress, when one makes pudding from scratch it must be taste tested by the cook. That's where I fail. I taste too much of it. After all I don't want the kiddos to get to school and not have really good pudding in their lunch!

As I continue on in my sabbatical from working I feel I should "channel" Betty every now and then. Alas, with babysitting for a child so that her mom can get on her feet, my day is pretty busy just keeping up with her. By the time my kiddos get home I need a nap! In my youth I babysat, a lot... I had competition though. Maybe I should reach back in my memory and channel the energy from then. It would make more sense than channeling Betty.

My sister sent me a video of her apples from her Christmas tree. No that is not a typo. That is where she said they were from. They were gorgeous apples! Some bigger than the palm of her hand! Which reminded me that I have planted at least 6 apple trees over the years with not one of them ever producing so much as a flower much less an apple. My peach trees and my cherry tree have done fine. Oh and she did correct herself laughing all the way but she never said they were from an apple tree. She just laughed at the fact that she said they were from a Christmas tree... I rest my case. The whole bloomin' family is nuts!!

I cannot even plan a menu for the week and stick to it.  Kind of like my life... not much went as planned. I am not whining, well maybe a little, but even now everything is up in the air. No guarantee about where we will live for the winter. For weeks I was told hunker down we will stay in this little house until spring. Then as if that had never been said... we are pursuing the cement guy with a vengeance rivaled only by the Old Testament stories! You kind of have to admire God, when He said "Vengeance is mine" He meant it!

Well it is Sunday night and the kids' sneakers are in the dryer and the DH's winter underwear is in the washer so I will be up for a while. Maybe I should bake some bread, or crackers, or just enjoy the silence. I have a web page to figure out, Good Night for now!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow