Contractor does not equal Reliable

Yesterday was another busy day where things did not go as planned. I loaded the car so I could have a few projects to work on while I waited for the contractor to arrive. My friend from Michigan was coming over with the kids of the person that she is helping move to Michigan. 

Once everyone was in the house there was a round of "I'm hungry" that travelled in rotation through the ranks. Two of the 8 children present were able to feed themselves. But the chorus continued until each of the other children were served three times. As the fourth round began I kicked all the littles out of the house and said they would get more food later. I then realized in all the fuss my friend and I did not get anything to eat. (Hungry mama's are similar to bears on a springtime forage trek) It is unwise to cross a mama that hasn't eaten recently. 

By 4pm the contractor had neither shown up nor called. Great another day slightly wasted. But I had good company and it turned out that I had not brought every item for my projects with me any way. It could have been the locking myself out of the house first thing that morning that set the tone for the day. But whatever it was it certainly was a series of mishaps right until the end.

I have a few things this morning to do before I head east and one of them is to go see my friend head out for Michigan. So because there is a risk that I may not get back to this blog today I will close and post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow